george clooney to play MAGNUM in film | FerrariChat

george clooney to play MAGNUM in film

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by chaa, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    F**kin ell!! Might as well have been Tom Sellok,if they were after a middleaged dude,and Tom looks in better shape.Another lost opportunity.

2. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    A bit of a dissapointment but I am still looking forward to this film. Actually, who am I kidding, I just want to see what F car he drives!!

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Probably a 360 Spider. Modern day 308 GTS.

4. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    poor choice, Clooney is a looooooser!

5. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Probably a Mondial. After all, he is supposed to be middle aged and mature now. He'll need room for the wife and kids.

Time waits for no man.

Tom

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Wow, I actually dont mind Clooney :) There are plenty worse lol.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Magnum PI :)

7. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
  8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    god I hate clooney, he has this screen presence like "I am a stud, your wife wants me, and you are a loser"

boys, knowing our luck, they will sell out and it will be a crappy bmw or something. product placement is king. like when bond stopped driving an aston, i stopped watching the bond infomercials, i mean films.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    An Enzo? You have to be kidding. They should stick with the 360 Spider to give it any bit of reality or keep it true to the original show. They should just bring back Tom Selleck. Hey maybe Allan can play the bad guy on the island getting chased by the Enzo in his SV.

10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    !!@#!$@#$#$ sucks. tom selleck is magnum. period. what the hell is wrong with having the original cast do a movie???????

11. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That's really bad casting on two counts:

1) Clooney is way too much of a pretty boy. I wonder why they wouldn't have asked Tom Selleck himself (unless he turned it down for some reason?)?

2) If it is indeed an Enzo, that's clearly the wrong choice considering the show's history. Way too high-profile and exotic. Personally, I think a 550 or 575M (rosso corsa of course) would suit Magnum (Selleck, not pretty boy) perfectly.

Then again, I'm just a geek that loved that show :)

I wonder if Higgins is still an Audi man, Rick still an M-B man and TC still a VW van man?

P.S. Good idea on getting Allan involved with his super-Lambo. Have the Magnum people call Allan's people.

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    You know somebody will be driving a Cayenne

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think it's best just to leave the t.v. show as a t.v. show. It was a fun watch, but Hollywood must really be running out of ideas for movies. I really don't think it will go over to well on the big screen.

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Clooney is Mr wimpy puppy dog eyes. I don't like the guy.

I'd like to see Russle Crow as the drunk, wise-ass, Ferrari driven, bar fighting tough guy. He needs a topless F50, car was made for the film industry.

15. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

No kiddin' When the Saint was in production, I cruised over to see the daylies, and was reduced to tears when I saw Val. Originally the part was intended for R. Fiennes. Yet neither compare to Roger Moore. Selleck had a presence, Clooney is a seatfiller, an empty jacket that speaks lines, not really acting them. Hey wait, how about Brad Pitt, he is a little messy, ahhhh no..... All is lost boys, sell the franchise and move on.

16. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I have no prob with Clooney as an actor. but not as a Magnum character. I agree with Manetti - the movie will be a loser without its original cast. All of the show's fans are endeared to Selleck, Mosley, Manetti, and Hillerman - I know I am. Just wldnt be right any other way. And allow me to volunteer my car casting input:

Magnum - 360 Spider
    Orville - SL or upcoming SLK
    TC - upcoming Microbus
    Higgins - A6 and Denali

Is it too late for hope?

17. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA

18. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As far as wondering if Hollywood has run out of ideas....case closed. That's just embarrassing. Talk about a movie that can't be improved upon - the Hollywood brainiacs are just setting themsleves up for failure on this one. I don't care how many women love Brad Pitt, Bullitt=Steve in the Mustang. Period.

19. Catherine

Catherine Rookie

May 29, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    #19 Catherine, Nov 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Catherine,

You're taller than Gorgeous George! We need Tom Selleck back on the case! :)

21. Catherine

Catherine Rookie

May 29, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    Joe,

George will be ok. He is normal height. I'm unusually tall for a girl. I'm even leaning over and have my knees bent in that picture.

22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  23. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    It won't be the same if George's head doesn't stick out the top the way Tom's did. They need someone taller...
    Maybe Allan can be the evil real estate developer who pushes little hawaiian ladies off a cliff to get their land for his condos.

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Some how i cant see Clooney with his shirt of looking and being as fit as the real magnum did.What is he going to do in the surf and sail board shots.And hey i know that Tom was a gay icon but not to me incase your wondering.

25. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    and
    LOL!