Best paint protection? Teflon? in US? | FerrariChat

Best paint protection? Teflon? in US?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    In this thread, a black 360 looked awesome with its teflon Paint Protector coating on it. But that seems to be only available in Switzerland. That's a little far for me to drive.

Does anyone know of an applicator here in the US?

Does anyone know of other Teflon treatments here in the US?

Does anyone know of other paint protection products here in the US?

2. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I wouldn't coat your car with teflon. Regular washing/waxing and the occasional detail is all you need to do.

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    You do not want to coat your car with teflon. The best pretection for the car is the 3M X-pel or autobahn which looks bad IMHO. One product you can look into is Crystal Guard. Brought over from Japan, it offers more durability and protection then a wax or sealent and also increases the shine of the paint. I have applied it to a couple of cars and have been impressed with the results. Check out the specifics at www.crystalguard.com. Other then that, washing anx waxing is the best bet for protection. Hope this helps.

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Based on numerous private mails I've gotten on this, there seems to be a lot of interest... so, I thought it useful to revive this thread that seemed to go largely unnoticed before. Note that, in addition to the black one above, there is also a Rosso Scuderia one with teflon in this thread.

Would anyone like to argue IN FAVOR of teflon? I will say that I am already in favor of more than "just wash and wax"... if I don't find a teflon solution, I'll be at the very least applying StonGard or other variation of the 3M film to the nose... it worked great on my 360.

Has anyone seen the teflon coating outside of Switzerland?

5. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    I opted for stone gaurd, but this is the first car Ive done this to and its too new to say i like or dislike.