F1 Test Day at Fiorano | FerrariChat

F1 Test Day at Fiorano

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Nick R, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Okay, I know short notice, and we all have tons of other things to do, but is anyone interested in going to the F1 Test Day at Fiorano on May 13th?

What’s included (copied from webpage):

You’ll get to spend a whole day in close contact with the Ferrari drivers and the Test Team as they tune the single-seater, giving you firsthand experience of what the atmosphere is like just before our Formula 1 races. We will also be giving you a good look at the new F1 Clienti base which is where the former Ferrari Formula 1 cars are maintained and prepared for selling on at the end of their competitive careers.

PROGRAMME
    12th of May 2004

4pm – 6pm Arrival at the Fini Hotel (Modena)
    6:30pm Welcome cocktail
    7:30pm Depart for the Fini Restaurant by bus
    8pm Gala dinner with Ferrari staff

13th of May 2004

7am – 9:30am Breakfast at the Hotel
    9:30am Depart for the Fiorano track by bus
    10am Arrival at the track
    10:30am Welcome coffee
    10:45am Technical briefing
    11:30am Start of visits to the pits
    1pm Lunch at the track; meeting and pictures with the driver
    2:45pm Galleria Ferrari; Factory visit
    4:15pm Return to the track
    5pm End of the day

It sounds very tempting. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sounds good, how much?

3. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Sorry I forgot to put that in. I pasted off their website.

Fiorano F1 Test Day
    5/12/2004 - 5/13/2004

Fiorano F1 Test Day for one person in single room
    Net Price: 890,00 Euro

Fiorano F1 Test Day for two persons in double room
    Net Price: 1.750,00 Euro

Terms and conditions:

1) The price in Euros includes: - access to the Fiorano track - accomodation in a 4-star hotel * - gala dinner - open bar during the day - buffet breakfast - lunch at the track - guided tour of the pits and paddock - transport to and from the gala dinner, track and hotel.** (* a single room will be booked for the clients purchasing a single-person package; a double room will be reserved for those who are going to purchase a two-person package. Those who wish to take part in the event with a guest, but would rather stay in two separate rooms need to purchase two single packages. The room, whether single or double, will be booked only for the night of 12/05/04, and the guests will have to clear the room when leaving for the circuit on 13/05/04.

2) For the clients who will come with their own Ferrari, it will be possible to set up a reserved parking area. In order to organise the service, we invite the clients who are going to use their own Ferrari to provide the relevant information by writing to customerservice
    owners.ferrari.com or a fax to the number +39 0536 949895 (F.A.O. Customer Service)** The transfers from the hotel to the restaurant, from the hotel to the circuit and return, will be by coach. In order to guarantee the efficiency of the service, we invite the participants who prefer to go to the circuit with their own car (Ferrari or other) to provide the relevant information by writing to customerservice
    owners.ferrari.com or a fax to the number +39 0536 949895 (F.A.O. Customer Service).
    3)Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to enter the track or the factory.
    4)Once the client receives confirmation of availability, it will no longer be possible to cancel the order placed or request a refund.
    5)The test sessions are subject to the requirements/needs of the Team, who may cancel and/or suspend the session at anytime.
    6)The access to the pits will be regulated by the Team and arranged in small groups, always accompanied by the Ferrari staff.
    7)Cancellation: - By cancellation it is meant the complete cancellation of the event in the days prior to it. Ferrari reserves the right to cancel the event anytime, giving however adequate notice to the participants. - Should Ferrari be obliged to cancel the event, the entire cost of the package will be refunded, except for any personal costs sustained by the purchaser (travelling expenses, etc). Interruption: - By interruption it is meant the suspension or the complete termination of the test session during the day. Ferrari reserves the unquestionable right to interrupt or suspend the test session anytime for serious technical reasons. - Should the Team suspend the test session, no refund will be made (in case there is no activity on the track, other activities will be organised, such as private tours of the pits, meeting with the mechanics, etc.)
    8)Only clients who have subscribed to the package are allowed inside the track.

The way I look at is, how much would you be willing to pay now (for all of you basketball fans out there) to see Michael, Scotty, etc. in a day of practice back in the hay day of the Bulls?

4. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    i havent checked the normal site but is that info from the Ferraris Owners site??? what all is on that site?? extra stuff like that?

5. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Yes, this is a special invite, as far as I know, for registered Ferrari owners.

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I've been at Modano as not far from Milano when I visit there for business. I really enjoy shopping there. You get almost 10% back at the airport for tax, too. Make you feel like you are saving a lot!

Have great time Nick!

7. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Yoshi,

Want to go? Let me know.

Nick

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    The date is middle of the week, so I don't think I can make it. When is the deadline for applying?

Granted my schedule allows, yes, I am interested very much.

I think there could be some F-chat event on that weekend, too in NJ.

9. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Anybody else want to go? It a F1/ Ferraista friend and I so far.

Gentile Cliente,

Abbiamo il piacere di confermarle l'acquisto del seguente pacchetto:

1 Fiorano F1 Test Day per due persone / Fiorano F1 Test Day for two persons / Fiorano F1 Test Day pour deux personnes

per l'evento Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day del 12/05/2004 - 13/05/2004 da lei acquistato in data 13 aprile 2004 con l'ordine numero OS_F_order.

La fattura relativa all'acquisto le sara' spedita al seguente indirizzo dal lei indicato al momento dell'ordine:

75028 Flower Mound (Texas) United States

Eventuali ulteriori informazioni le verranno comunicate nei prossimi giorni via e-mail.
    Grazie per aver scelto di effettuare un acquisto dal Ferrari Owners' Site.
    Le ricordiamo che il Ferrari Owners' Site è a sua disposizione per qualsiasi eventuale richiesta o chiarimento.

Now for those of you that dont know Italian:

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to confirm the purchase of the following package:

1 Fiorano F1 Test Day per due persone / Fiorano F1 Test Day for two persons / Fiorano F1 Test Day pour deux personnes

for the event Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day on date 05/12/2004 - 05/13/2004, which you bought on April 13 2004 with the order number OS_F__order.

The invoice for your purchase will be sent you to the following address, you indicated when placing your order:

75028 Flower Mound (Texas) United States

Further information - if any - will be sent you via e-mail in the next days.
    Thank you for placing an order on the Ferrari Owners' Site.

We remind you that we remain at your complete disposal for any further request or explanation.