Here they are...Finally! 355 BONDO FIERO!! | FerrariChat

Here they are...Finally! 355 BONDO FIERO!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes....there were the "Naysayers", They said,it couldn't be done..... The "Doubters",the "Pessimists,and the "Purists". I went through post after post of wanton abuse,frustration,wonder,and Glee. We laughed,we cried,we had some fun....Well,Gentlemen,The time has come. Yes,they are finally here. They FINALLY FREAKIN' ARRIVED!!! Wait NO LONGER!!! The 14,yes! there are 14! pictures of the,(gulp!) 355 BONDO FIERO ARE HERE! AS PROMISED!! FRIDAY AFTER 4:00PM! Yes,my friends,I JUST put the CD in my Computer,and I believe that we are ready! Please,get any food and drink,now. I do not,I repeat,DO NOT want to be responsible for anyone choking as they view ALL 14 PICTURES!!! Now,a word of warning: If you have a weak stomach,PLEASE refrain from eating BEFORE you view these pictures. As I already stated in a previous post. If you have EVEN the SLIGHTEST Love of the Ferrari Automobile. And,I will venture to say that if you are on FerrariChat,you will have much more LOVE of the Marque than that! These pictures WILL OFFEND YOU!!! So,sit down,strap in,and get prepared for one of THE scariest renditons of a copy of a Ferrari that I,personally,have EVER seen in my Life!!!!

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I thought you said there were pictures?????

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #3 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And....away we go!!! Now. I am not really sure if those are lights,or just reflectors. Also,OOOPS! looks like he hasn't quite finished SANDING!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #4 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    #2. Those Vents and scoop? PURE BONDO!!! BTW,aren't the Orange one's supposed to be on the outside,and the red ones on the inside? THATS how I first noticed that it could be an imitation. :) Reflectors or lights? I was laughing so hard at the time,I really didn't notice!

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #5 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #6 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    O.K.......In this picture,you can REALLY see the thickness of the Bondo...Front,sides,and back!! We are HOPING that it will stick to the Pliable,plastic body panels of the "Donor Fiero",aren't we?

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #7 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #8 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    You asked for it,you got it!!! Can't barely tell!! It's a GOOD thing that he wasn't attempting to make a Testarossa out of it. Can you imagine how much Bondo to make it a few feet wider!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #9 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #10 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    O.K. We're halfway through. If you've made it this far,you will not be able to look away even if you want to! And,once again,"OOOOPS! looks like the drivers side light needs a little adjustment!

11. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Post them all!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #12 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    The cries go out! "POST THEM ALL"!!!! Well,you got it!! Now,please keep in mind...every single piece that you see on this car that is above and beyond the original shape of a Fiero,is BONDO!!! And,the SF shields and Cavalino emblems are Hand Painted!!! With Enamel paint!! They were all full of brush marks. REALLY thick,gooey looking paint.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #13 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #14 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #15 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #16 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #17 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
  18. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Cough, coughcOUghCOUGH...SKRONK!

I had a feeling that would happen!

Bill

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #19 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    Well.......was a fibbin' or telling the truth! Just look and you can see all of the Bondo that is on this car. It's incredible! But,as I also said.I almost can't believe how straight and even that it is! This poor slob has done all of that work. Now,he's going to use about 30 cans of spray paint to paint it...unless...he just goes the easy way out,and uses a brush and roller.( any bets?) The first time he hits a big pothole or some Railroad tracks,it will fall off and crack into a million pieces! There they are,my friends,there they are! Sorry it took so long to post. I've been really busy getting my house and cars ready for Winter. But,I am keeping a camera in my car at ALL times,for the NEXT"Hand Crafted" Ferrari "Replica"? Am I crossing the line by even using that term? (I hope you enjoyed them!) The "Dream" lives on!

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #20 FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003
    Andreas. I think that we agree that the body kit on EBay,would DEFINITELY be the better way to go. Bill,are you O.K.,man? Dave330GTC,are you seeing this? Darth550,what more can I say? MarkPDX,are YOU O.K.? You were there,now,I am not hearing anything!

21. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm OK now, for a while I didn't think I was going to make it. WoW, that was close.

Is the owner built of bondo?

Bill

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Bill,the car was parked in front of a Loyola Hospital Satellite site,where I think that people go if they had a "Workplace injury". So,maybe this guy was there for a visit or something. I was just "Cutting Through" the lot,which is right by my house,and saw this thing. I stopped and looked at it. My wife was laughing so hard,too. I ran home as quick as I could to get a Camera,before it left. Good thing I did,as,something like this really needs to be shared! You guys would NOT have believed me,would you!? Sometimes,the truth really hurts!!! It's a good thing that he wasn't trying to replicate a '59 Cadillac! If he did,I'd want to know,so that I can buy some "Bondo" stock!!!

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    A little more sanding...a little paint...she'll be ready for Pebble Beach!

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That is just pathetic! I logged onto this thread first thing when I got home 45 minutes ago. It is only now that I can find the words! ABSOLUTELY lives up to the hype!

One thing though....PLEASE tell me that you staked out the car to see what the driver looked like.

ROTFLMAO!!!

DL

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,(LOL!) I was thinking that after the fact. Now,THAT would have been EVEN funnier! But,I'm thinkin'...:) Also, My 6 year old son just looked at the pictures...he put both of his hands up to the sides of his head,in a "Good Grief,Charlie Brown" manner. While shaking his head side to side. Even HE was laughing at this thing!! I'm glad you enjoyed the pix. See! I wasn't Bullsh*ttin'! Pretty funny,though! I am keeping a disposable camera in each of my cars,just in case,(more than likely) I see another one! I'll keep driving by there,just in case it's ever back there. Then,I'll try to get a picture of this "Arteeest"! Maybe he should get a job at one of the Automobile Manufacturers,in the "Clay Mold Department!" Thats right up his....alley!