328 windshield needed | FerrariChat

328 windshield needed

Discussion in '308/328' started by BrianC, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    I just picked up a stone chip on the windshield of my '86 328 GTS. The crack has already spread about 8 inches. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement windshield? Any idea on the cost of the parts and installation?

Thks.
    Brian

2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I don't have a 328, but if it is anything like the TRs, which probably is. I would call the insurance company as they are expensive. In TR's case, it is about $5,000.

3. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Thanks, Anthony C. I figured it would be expensive. My $500 deductible for "other than collision" damage doesn't sound so bad after all!

- Brian

4. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    That was the same question Higgins asked Magnum, when a bullit went through the shield of the 308. I forgot what the answer was :)

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Brian -- Arm yourself with some knowledge. Go to the FerrariUK parts site and get prices for the windshield & trim piece(s) and the PNs -- then use those PNs to get quotes from www.allferrariparts.com and www.ferraripartsexchange.com -- just a suggestion...

My TR windshield replacement was about a ~$2K total bill -- $1000 for the glass (non-dealer source) + $800 for the trim (dealer source) + $200 labor (non-dealer source).

6. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Nice! Or you can just order it direct from Ferrari UK!!

328 Windshield in stock and the price is GBP £290.80

Best
    Mark

www.owners.ferrari.com

7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Mark -- Didn't mean to imply that Brian shouldn't buy from y'all at FerrariUK (just that you're the best website to go to first because you give price and PN information). If you've got the best price -- why not? (and I'd bet my last $ you couldn't get a 328 windshield for anything close to that price from a F dealer in the US ;)).

8. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Hi Steve,

No worries. Thanks for the compliments!

Best
    Mark

p.s. like your Testarossa in your profile. Hopefully at some point in the future we'll be able to sell you bits as well!

9. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Plus don't forget to factor in shipping, customs and brokerage fees coming from the U.K. ;)