Blue Angels | FerrariChat

Blue Angels

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by davel, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davel

davel Guest

For all you flying fans out there here are some nice shots of the Blues!! Being based here in Pensacola has it's advantages , and watching the Blues prep for the next show is one of them. They practice at 830 Tues and Wed and sometimes Thurs before they hit the road for the weekend. Enjoy :)

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dave, I kinda grew up in P-Cola (Navy brat) and, yes, the Blues are a show that everyone should see at least once. I always try to make it to P-Beach during the 2nd weekend in July when they do their thing. These guys are the real thing.

Thx, DrTax

3. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Awesome shots, Davel...thanks for posting them! Man, that must be some kind of ride!

Have you ever had the opportunity to ride back-seat with one of the Blues? What a rush that would be :D

4. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    nice shots! too bad we can't hear them. There is a small museum trying to get going in RI on one of the no longer used NAS. They were able to snag a retiring f-14 and i was on hand for its arrival. They did a couple low passes and then taxied up to about 40 ft from where i was standing. That was the only thing that could make an F1 engine seem tame.
    Last week i was in the glidepath of the C-5 base here in MA saw 5 a couple hundred feet above my head.
    T

5. davel

davel Guest

Dr Tax, Eric,Racerx thanks. I love sharing this stuff. We do create some great handbuilt exotic military aircraft in this country. Eric I was based at Cecil and was very very lucky to have gotten lots of flight time working in the backseat of the FA-18D. Same as the blues jet only the 2 seat model. Its simply an amazing experience. If you are in the area stop in during the days I mentioned and see the practice. No airshow crowds to deal with and then hit the Naval Aviation Musem here. Simply the best museum around.
    Racerx my roomies in San Diego during my Miramar days were Tomcat guys. Its my favorite aircraft of all. I love to see them flying. I got some flight time with my former room mate in that bird as well. Ive had it good :)

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hi Dave,

It was nice meeting you last weekend. Was there another chapter to your story? Are you back home making space in the garage? :D

DL

7. davel

davel Guest

Hey Dave! Still working that issue we discussed :) Nice 550 and it was great meeting you and Jordan this weekend. Hope to be out west soon again!!

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Great shots, thanks for sharing!!

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Great shots Dave! No more though, your making me want to get back into flying :)

10. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Dave,
    I felt like I was looking out my window. I've lived in Navy Point in Pensacola for twenty five years which is right across the bayou from the runway. Anytime any plane takes off I hear it including the Blue Angels. My best friend owns the marina directly across from the runway so I usually catch the shows from his dock. It's hard to believe that you can actually get used to windows rattling and car alarms going off but I have. So do you live in Pensacola?