Does the south Florida gang ever get together just for a nice drive? | FerrariChat

Does the south Florida gang ever get together just for a nice drive?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by SSpray, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSpray

SSpray Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    CA, FL & TX, USA
    Full Name:
    R.M.R.
    ?

-cheers.

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    alot of stuff goes down further sooth. alot of people in Miami area. Would love to get together for a casual drive on a Saturday or Sunday. Lets see if anyone else responds.

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    We used to get together for breakfast almost every Sunday and also for the F1 races early in the morning at the Italian Image, but certain Squids, who shall remain nameless(Pedro,David) have since ceased all activities and dissappeared. But yeah I'm in for early Sunday rides or other suggestions.By the way it's Martins birthday today and mines on Friday, so everyone can send cash or checks to our respective F car mechanics ecrow accounts.HA HA.

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Happy Bday Martin & Sindo :)

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The Squids are planning to do informal drives together in the near future. We're going to do a rally to the Keys in May which should be a lot of fun.

We're also discussing the possibility of taking cars up US 27, which is some
    nice driving, then getting out at certain points and switching cars. There are also some possibilities to do some high speed driving on open stretches of
    roads in the Everglades popular with crotchrocket riders as well.

BHW

6. SSpray

SSpray Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    CA, FL & TX, USA
    Full Name:
    R.M.R.

Please keep us posted

7. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Happy Birthday Martin and Sindo!!!!

8. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Happy Birthday guys.

9. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    We took 27 home from Martins party and found a crotch rocket rider who had been seperated from his rocket at significant speed, we did not stop as many others had already). The nearest town was more than 40 miles away.
    Not a pretty site and I don't know what happened but is amazing how many of these folks we saw that were riding wheelies down the interstates around lauderdale and Miami.

10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yeah, even more amazing to see how many of them ride without helmets.

Apparently there are some roads out in the Everglades which would be "middle of nowhere" and I'm looking forward to seeing this but we'll only go with
    full support vehicles, etc.

BHW

11. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Happy Birthday Martin and Sindo!

12. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Happy B - Day guys! Do something special...life is too short.

Re: Trip

FCA is also having a trip to the Keys June 11-13 - I'm sure Debbie or someone will repost when time gets near.

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    ON the 2nd Squid Tour to the Keys, we will not be doing that since the FCA has a similar trip just a few weeks after. No need to offer something that will be done 3 weeks after, right?

With Mama Squid and Bart I have been thinking of a "Squids Invade the Left-Coast" trip. One night stay, great for our tortured female companions, into the Sanibel Harbour Resort. We can combine that with a meet of the Sarasota Scuderia and do a big get-together.

Its like "half-way" between Miami and Sarasota :)

14. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    You south Florida guys get to have all the fun...F1 parties, interstate runs, get togethers. I am so jealous. One day I'll try to make it down there to hang out with you guys.

15. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    martin,

Have you confered with Paulie B. regarding this "halfway" statement? It is my understanding that Paulie can be the only one that issues a statement that includes the word "halfway" therefore I will take your comment as a slip of the tongue and will disregard the suggestion until I hear offically from Halfway Paulie.

16. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Its Undercover Paulie!

I still have to download that picture.

Hey Matt,
    you can hang with us any day!

Martin

17. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Paul Sloan, where have you been?
    As far as the "halfway" comment is considered, it can only be for one of two reasons:
    1) I often suggest for the south fl group to meet "halfway" with the west coast group.
    2) at a recent 2 day track event at Sebring, I only drove for 1 day.

I am not going to say that the person who gave me the "halfway" name is too smart either; who ever it is. Don't let me find out! Besides, when I do something I do it "all the way"........its all in fun. Not harm, no foul!

Everyone out there in Ferrari Land have a nice holiday.

18. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    um, who could that have been Paulie?
    Well, at least "Undercover Paulie" you know where that is coming from.

darn, I still have not downloaded those pictures.

19. SoFlaNSX

SoFlaNSX Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Hey now, if you guys go out and do some highspeed runs on 27 and back in the 'glades, would you mind if I tagged along? I would love to get a few pulls with some of the 8 cylinder F-cars and my buddy would LOVE to come along on his ZX-12R (fastest production bike along with the Hayabusa). We had a run in with a 5 series F-car a few months ago on the highway...my clutch was shot so I just sat back and watched my buddy race the ferrari and the car kept up pretty good for a car, so I know he'd be dying to see some of them in action again!!

20. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    We don't do high speed runs on public roads. It endangers yourself and other drivers that have nothing to do with your thrills. If you want to go high speed see us on track dates in Homestead, Moroso or Sebring throughout the year. That is fun and there you can show driving skills not who has the highest tollerance of doing illegal activities.

I will be in Homestead in June with the PDC and hopefully (if the car survives) SAFE the day after. See my website for track dates and feel free to come. BTW PDC and SAFE will both be happy to sign you up and let you track your car. You won't be able to do that at a Ferrari Club event but then neither would I be at the NSX Club events.

Hope your friend can make it too.

21. SoFlaNSX

SoFlaNSX Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Hey now, I was just quoting Barton...he said
    Thats all I was referring to :)

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I know, I know, he took that a little out of context. :)
    Bt seriously, if you want to come to any of the track dates you guys are welcome. If its PDC or SAFE they usually charge $30 for passenger registration and you can hitch a ride with me.

Might be selling my 355Ch soon and get a 360Ch. Ah the itch!
    Looked at one today!

23. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    where's the itch?

24. SoFlaNSX

SoFlaNSX Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    That'd be beautiful! :) Just let me know when the next event is and I'm there! Riding in an F-Car would be awesome. I'm looking forward to getting into road racing a little more with my NSX. Supercharger will be on by summer (look out 360Ch! ;) )