Trying to reunite 1999 360 Modena with its complete set of Owners Manuals & Pouch | FerrariChat

Trying to reunite 1999 360 Modena with its complete set of Owners Manuals & Pouch

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jedsnephew, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jedsnephew

jedsnephew Rookie

Jan 2, 2004
    Folks,

I bought a set of owners manuals and leather pouch on eBay just thinking that I would toss the manuals and use the leather pouch for my 88 Mondial Cab. When I received the package with the set, I was completely blown away by its completeness and condition. My immediate thought was, if I owned this car, I would want to have this documentation.

So, I need help. My mission has become to get these manuals and pouch back into the hands of the owner of this car. For the suspicious types among us, no I'm not trying to make a buck at this person's expense.

Carfax states that the car still exists, here is what I have:

- 1999 360 Modena, no idea what color
    - VIN ZFFYS51A6X0116591
    - Delivered in Vancouver, BC on Sept 9, 1999
    - Bought from Brian Jessel Sports Cars
    - CarFax says mileage should be at about 14K or 15K
    - CarFax shows it was in CA, NY, PA
    - CarFax shows it was never wrecked
    - Serviced at Shelton Sports Cars in Ft Lauderdale on Feb 16, 2001
    - Last CarFax Entry:
    Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Dept. - Title issued
    Lancaster, PA
    Title #57494268R 04

I figure "what goes around, comes around" so maybe somewhere down the road, my documentation will show up. Please help if you can and let's see if we can't get this back into the right hands.

Please either post info here, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Mike

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Mike, as an idead, call Shelton Ferrari in Ft. Lauderdale at 954-493-5211. Maybe they can give some assistance since they serviced the car in 2/01. Maybe the owner at that time knows who it went to in PA.
    Just an idea that may have some merits. Or even try to call the PA Motor Vehicles. Sounds like a fun mission.

3. Gerald Roush

Gerald Roush Karting
    Honorary

Apr 2, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Gerald L. Roush
    Car is yellow with black leather & yellow piping. Scuderia shields, black calipers.

Last information I have on it was when it was being offered on 14 Aug 2003 at the Manheim Auto Auction, Manheim, PA with 12,959 miles.

Am curious about one thing. Fifth digit "S". I have no other 360 Modena with a fifth digit being "S". The fifth digit is for the restraint system and all other Modenas for which I have the full VIN have this digit as an "R".

"R" indicates air bags with 3-point inertia belts for front seats. "S" indicates air bags with manual belts plus child restraint anchorage system according to this website: http://www.red-headed.com/index2.html

Perhaps because it was a Canadian car?

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    See Mike........ask and you will receive.