Aston Martin Vanquish | FerrariChat

Aston Martin Vanquish

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Saw an Aston Martin Vanquish out driving tonite. It was Dark Gray. What an incredibly Sleek and beautiful car!

2. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    They're cool; nice to see something different. Where did you see it at?

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I heard they're really good for driving in the winter. They go like hell on ice (see the last Bond movie).
    :)

4. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #4 Boudewijn, Nov 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    red81308:

I took a Vanquish out to dinner last nite to Mortons in Westchester. I drove through OB Terrace, so its possible it was me.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Having to take a Vanquish to go to dinner? Gee, life can be cruel. Dont you hate your job, Mike?
    :)

7. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Andreas: It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    The Vanquish and now DB9 come from that long line of stylish gentlemanly cars. Hope you don't mind me intruding in the Chicago forum from the SoCal forum, but an A-M always draws my attention.

When I bought my 550, I was debating the Vanquish vs Ferrari question. Already owning a DB 2/4, I figured my first love, Ferrari, needed to be satisfied. That and the built to order nature would have meant a 6 month delivery time. Spending time at the factory in my restoration, I got lucky enough to take one out. Not so lucky as a night on the town, you dog!

The V has such a presence, and is so amazingly comfortable that it makes the Ferraris look more like a track car. The grille, is nothing less than perfect. I refer to it as "David Brown's Smile." It is in its own world and even the Bentley looks stale in the shadow of a DB.

Next year, I plan on having a DB9 and 575 side by side, reliving, in some small way, the great rivalry and tradition of the two marques.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,that MUST have been you! I saw you at Southbound Meyers Rd. at 22nd.St. I was in a Blue P.T. Cruiser (wifes),turning Left (east) on 22nd. St. and you were in the right lane. MAN,thats a beautiful car! I LOVE my Ferrari,but,THAT car is incredible! Your car had a Dealer plate on it,right? Did you just buy it? Or,do you have,or work at a dealership that sells them? Is it For Sale? And,how much,dare I ask!? Where is the car? (I'm not seriously looking...YET!) But,would LOVE to look at one in person. So far,have only seen pix in my monthly DuPont Regisrty. I suppose I could take a drive up to LFSC,where I bought my Ferrari. They sell Aston's and probably have one there,I'm sure. No,the next car that I am planning on adding to the stable is a TR. And,ofcourse,keep my 308. But....I went to the Chevy/Vettefest,today,and the new, Corvette C6 2005 model cars are coming out this Spring. So,I want to sell my '91 'Vette and maybe get one of those,too. I MUST have both...a Ferrari,and a Corvette. Had 7 'Vettes,and am on Ferrari #1. Have wanted a 'Vette since I was 8,and a Ferrari since I was 16. Got my first (of 7) Corvettes when I was 25. Had 3 at once for many years. Almost got my first Ferrari about 10 years ago,but,good thing that I didn't. Ever see those ads in the classifieds, "Must sell...Getting Divorced", well,I would have been one of those guys when I divorced my 1st. wife 5 years ago. Then,almost got another on an "impulse",about 5 years ago...glad I didn't! It was NOT a good car. Fortunately,I finally bought a REALLY nice one at Lake Forest 3 years ago.

10. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    red81308:

I work at Fox Valley Motorcars. We are offering the Vanquish for $220. Feel free to stop by sometime. I'm here all the time except for all day Monday and Wednesday nights.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #11 tonyh, Nov 25, 2003
    Sorry to crash thread from London. I saw one of these whilst at Goodwood last month .Stunning car to see and hear round the circuit.Few pics follow.
    Regards
    Tony
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #12 tonyh, Nov 25, 2003
  13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #13 tonyh, Nov 25, 2003
  14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    OHHHH YEAH!!!! Now THATS What I'm talkin' about. BEEE-utiful car!! And,fast too,from what I understand!