Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta | FerrariChat

Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by tspiro, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tspiro

tspiro Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Hey Folks,
    Register Early and Save!:

The Mitty Nitty Gritty
    Tickets may be purchased the day of the event, but discounts are available for those who preregister: Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports subscribers who preregister by April 15 will get a complete weekend pass for $25-plus $10 for the infield parking fee. This represents a savings off the regular price

Single day admission for subscribers or car club members who preregister is $15 (plus $10 if you wish to park in the infield).

The standard day pass regularly runs $20, while regular price for a weekend pass is $35. Infield parking regularly runs an additional $10 per day.

Camping at Road Atlanta is also an option. Please contact Road Atlanta for more information on camping and to preregister for camping.

Here is the info on the Walter Mitty:

If we can get 15 Ferrari' to show at the event on each day then its $15.00 to enter. Prade laps etc will be assigned to the clubs that have the best showing. if you want to pre register please go to - www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/party.php -

Hope to see you there!

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Sounds like a blast, I cannot wait for the Mitty! Been the past 17 years.

3. ToyCollector

ToyCollector Rookie

Nov 16, 2003
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    This should be a great event this year with the different car corrals. I will be racing my Vintage Cup car for the 2nd time at the event and I will look for some of you when I get a break from the action.

4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Any plans to meet up before hand and caravan there in force?

JD

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Tom Turner, who some of you know from "Little Talladega", will be racing his blue RX7 at the Mitty event. He took first-in-class at his last SCCA race at Barber.

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    When is it again?

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    The Mitty is April 31-May 2nd at Road Atlanta.

8. RichardGilmore

RichardGilmore Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Richard Gilmore
    I can prob get a yard pass to go Sat or Sunday.

9. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I think I can only make it for one of the days. Does anyone know what is going on as far as Saturday vs. Sunday?

And yes, I am stalking you Mitchel! :)

10. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Wow alright! tons of Ferraris this year!

- Andy

11. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Hey, just wondering if you guys have an idea about how many or what types of Ferraris are going to be at the race. I have to work on Saturday but otherwise I am going on Sunday. I have a friend who is going to be racing a Mazda rotarty during the weekend and I am looking forward to some good racing.

Thanks,

Joe C.

Cell: 706-224-9806

12. tspiro

tspiro Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Hey Guys,

For those of you attending the Walter Mitty in your Ferrari - The club is inviting you to meet us at FOA at 9:am on each day and drive togehter to the track.

We can meet at FOA at 9:AM and leave no later than 9:15 & be at the track by 10:30AM.

Just show up!!!

Parking at the track will be by marque - so I have been told, so if we dont see you at the dealer then we will see you at the track.

Tom Spiro