Music Downloaders... | FerrariChat

Music Downloaders...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Any music downloaders here...?

i'm struggling, trying to find a good copy of The Offspring's newest release (Can't Get My Head) Around You... Anyone have it...? Care to email it to me...? i'd really appreciate it... Thanks... :)

2. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    This board ROCKS...! Thanks, folks... :)

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    What site is that?

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No site, i was referring to THIS site, FerrariChat; that's a picture of my WinAmp after someone emailed me the song i was looking for... It's the last one in the play list, circled in white... In fact, i'm listening to it right now... This song rocks... :)

5. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Where'd you get that Winamp skin?!

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, The Bird asked me that last week and i swore i downloaded it from some WinAmp site, but now i can't remember for sure... There are sites out there that do nothing but host WinAmp skins... Maybe i got it from there, i'm not sure... i've had it for a while... i'll poke around, see what i can come up with...

7. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
  8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  9. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    NNO, if there are any other songs you need, I have over 7GB including some very rare stuff. Feel free to shoot me an email.

Does anyone here have the new "Gypsy Kings" album called "Roots"?

email: [email protected]

-DC

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i already have it, but let's see just how rare and extensive your database is... :D Do you have a song called Social Automation...? The artist's name is Coke Hits...

11. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    I only keep the songs in my collection that I like. I'll download say 50 songs by the same person, then listen to them and keep only my favorites. So, in that respect, my collection is not "extensive", but rather diverse :)

Ex.:

Driver - Sometimes
    Poe - Hey Pretty (Drive-by remix(the only version worth having)).
    Vast - Pretty When You Cry
    The Kingdom Flying Club - Artists Are Boring(really good song, btw)
    All Smashing Pumpkins
    Lots of the Rat Pack, and individually
    Tons and tons of Opera

I really tend to stay away from the newer "pop" music(I listen to NPR or Opera in the car), so I would not be a good source for that. But, the older music, I am rich with.

-DC

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i see... Sounds like a pretty cool and extensive selection of music, nonetheless... 7gb is 7gb, no matter how you look at it... Cool stuff...

13. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    If anyone needs Weezer mp3s... I have a few gigs just of them. :)

FYI, I do have Social Automation.

14. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I really hate to say it, but if you could, delete this thread and any thread that comes up in similar form. This site, even in Off-Topic format shouldn't be conversing about trading music files, or any kind of pirating whatsoever. There are plenty of sites out there that have this, and there are also hidden areas out there on forums, and in other parts of the net that you probably haven't explored. But this isn't the place to discuss those items. If it were, then there would be liability issues with copyright infringement upon Rob & Fchat. That's a hassle that I wouldn't want to place on Rob because I was looking for a few files.

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Randy, i was wondering about that before i posted (which is probably why i got PMs and no public responses) but then i thought, "ah, what the hell, it'll be alright..."

Maybe you're right- hey, Rob, if it's cool with everyone else, maybe we should dead this noise... Thanks, Randy...

16. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks for understaning. I've just seen these kinds of threads turn into trading sites and well... when legal issues arise, it isn't a fun thing to deal with - even if there are lawyers present.

If you want to see some other parts of the net, let me know and I'll introduce you to them that might open your eyes to what is out there.

17. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Also FYI, the Weezer mp3s I have do not infringe on copyrights as the band has given permission to distribute (freely) any mp3s that I would offer.

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, now THAT'S cool...

Hey, Randy, that sounds cool... In fact, you've got a PM... :)

19. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    haha, you are listening all the music i used to listen too. Exactly the same stuff. I've moved on to better stuff tho (trance... :) )

20. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Yeah, they have an extremely liberal stance when it comes to mp3s... they don't mind bootlegs and offer many demos through their site. They also don't mind the distribution of so-called "rarities" or older demos. I'd never post any of the actual album tracks anywhere, but my website has posted a number of bootlegs and rarities (when they were rarities) with the full knowledge of Weezer. I've even traded things with the guy that runs their web stuff and put together their DVD.

I do agree that "illegal" file trading should probably be kept off fchat, but it's kind of a murky area. What's illegal? Someone asking for mp3s? Someone posting a list of the mp3s they have? Neither have really broken any laws or rules.

I dunno, I guess I'll refrain from these sort of discussions in the future. No biggie.

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Maybe we should start a more vague thread along the lines of "who enjoys mp3s"... That way, we could use it as a reference in the future... :)

22. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    No one said anything about "pirating". Who's to say I don't have a massive CD library, and copied the files to my computer as a backup? I do understand what you're saying though, and how it could get out of hand. You intrigue me by "parts of the web that will open your eyes".

As for the Weezer, I'm interested. Shoot me a PM or email.

email: [email protected]

-DC

23. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    You read my mind. :)