Tahitian Noni Juice???? | FerrariChat

Tahitian Noni Juice????

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by fanatic1, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Anybody know anything about this stuff? Is it the latest scam? Seems like "snake oil". One of my friends is getting involved in selling it............I think it may be a complete waste of time. Anyone else here even heard of it before??????

2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I've heard of it. Just seemed to me to be piggy backing on the heels of the smoothie craze and health drinks. I don't know if it is good or what, but I have heard of it.

Do you open retail outlets or become a distributor to sell to convienience stores etc?

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I've heard of it too, but never tried it.

I know a couple of people who are work-out fanatics who swear by it. I don't know if it is good stuff or not. I've never seen any studies that support it.

I've heard it tastes nasty. Any truth to that?

4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I passed a car yesterday that had it written on the side.......I thought it was some tanning place or something.......

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS??? hahaha

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    one of my friends drinks this noni juice like water. he goes through a case of it a week and pays something ridiculous like $50 a bottle for it, maybe more!

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes. I know a friend of mine, she swears for it. However, she uses it exclusively for one of her two boxers. It is more of a homeopathic treatment for the boxer. And honestly, it has kept her alive over the past four or five years. Ever since a few docs said, "6 months to a year"... they couldn't believe it when they saw the same dog years later.

I've had a shot of it before just for kicks. It's nasty tasting stuff. Expensive as hell too. ~$130 for a case of four bottles, IIRC.

7. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    i haven't tasted it, but i've smell it and i dont like how it smells. My parents and some other family members have been using this for the last hmm 5 years? made them feel better, besides using the juice we got our hands onto the actual fruit and planted them at our old house.. so no need for the juice, i can't confirm if it really works, but it seems to be a good suplement.

8. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Most of the other dark grape wines will do the same thing. It is just a super concentrated form of grape juice calledgrape like fruit called a noni. I had a patient try and get me into it. It is really just too expensive for what it is. There are many products out in nature that have true healing properties. This is one of them. But you can get similar results with less expensive products. Where do you think drug companies get most of their ideas. Example: Valerian root- Natural antispasmodic became Valium. Hard core knock out drug. They just take the one property from the natural plant and magnify it a thousand times and you have the drug. this is precisely why it become dangerous sometimes. Eat a thousand valerian root plants everyday and see if it does not **** you up.
    Dr H

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    My ex-girlfriend's father tried to get me to start drinking it back in 1996. No way I would try it. It was soo expensive. What if I liked it? Then I would want to spend that kind of money on a juice? I'm better off with water.

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    ew it's disgusting. It's seriously gross. I have a bottle sitting in my fridge. Anyone want it?

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    There are about 5 billion better ways to spend a couple hundred bucks

12. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I am curious what the mark up is on it. I have seen the same POS car driving around for 5 years with signs on it selling this stuff.

There is also an auto body shop that has a sign in front of it advertising noni juice.

lol

13. Sondra

Sondra Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Sondra
    #13 Sondra, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, I'm Schatten's friend who uses the Noni.

If you don't believe it works, you should meet my dog. I was fostering for Florida Boxer Rescue in 1999, and they gave me the saddest looking dog I've ever seen, appearing to be covered in hives. She had scratched most of her fur off, and her ears stuck straight off of her head from all of the swelling in them. I finally took her to my vet, paid out of pocket to have her assessed. My vet decided to biopsy one of the "hives," and it came back positive for mast cell cancer, a cancer untreatable with chemo or radiation. The only way to stop mast cell is to cut it all out, but with this poor dog being COVERED in them, there was no way to do this.

By Western medical standards, the only treatment available was to make her comfortable and wait for her to die, in 3 to 6 months. My vet in FL is a truly compassionate guy who will try anything if it means being able to better treat a patient, so he had has training in homeopathic medicine as well. He said I should try this stuff with her, so I did. It's fruit juice, so what could it hurt?

She hated the taste (but notably, she's really picky), so I mixed it up with wet dog food and put it in with her food, and she likes it just fine that way. More importantly, she is still with me, and her original diagnosis was in December of 1999. I've since moved, and none of the vets I've taken her to here believes that she has this kind of cancer until I show them the biopsy report. Just for you disbelievers, it should be noted that she isn't on ANYTHING ELSE to treat the cancer, just Pepcid and an anti-nausea medication (Reglan) to combat the upset stomach that the cancer causes.

Everything I have heard from homeopathic-minded people is that not all Noni juices are alike. The stuff I use, produced by Morinda, is far less diluted and pure. I think it tastes bad, but if my friends are any judge, people either love the taste or hate it. I'm in the "hate it" camp, but I love that it's enabled me to keep my sweet baby as long as it has. I know we're on borrowed time, and it just makes my time with her all the sweeter. It is $130 a month (1 case) to keep her on the Noni by Morinda, but it's a cost I happily bear.

Noni has also had other benefits for other friends. It's supposed to help with pain management as well as allergies. One of my friends is allergic to raw veggies (gets hives inside her mouth that break open and bleed), but if she's had Noni, she can eat them without issue. I don't have much of a scientific explanation for this (something about it stimulating the production of Xeronine in the intestines), but I know how it's affected my life. You don't have to believe me, but I consider my dog to be walking proof.

In the picture, the black mark you see about an inch below her collar is the scar from the biopsy.

I've done some traveling to China in the last few years, and their approach to medicine, IMO, is far more openminded and perhaps something we could learn from. They don't deny the uses for Western medicine, but Chinese hospitals and doctors use medicine as we know it as well as Eastern and homeopathics. Given everything I've seen, I'm not sure that Western medicine, solely, is the right choice to solve every problem.

Thanks for listening, and I hope my story has been helpful to some of you guys.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Very moving story, Sondra. Thanks for sharing - and best wishes to you and your pet.

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Does anybody know what the active ingredient(s) is in the Noni juice?

16. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
  17. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

so according to that weblink article, if you want to beneficial effects of Noni....you must drink the juice when your stomach is empty...so preferably before breakfast. At this time the juice will pass rapidly through the stomach and into the intestines, where it may be converted into the active enzyme, which is good for the body. hmm...interesting....

does noni really taste that bad?

18. Sondra

Sondra Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Sondra
    Like I mentioned above, my experience is that people either think it's not so bad or they think like I do, that it tastes like the stuff that drips out of garbage trucks must. (it's not that bad, but I do dislike it).

Flannigan has it mixed in with her food and it has retained efficacy, so perhaps there is more benefit on an empty stomach, but I wouldn't say that there is none if you do it differently.

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    It's bitter. Honestly, I think the odor is worst than the taste.