Lunch this Friday | FerrariChat

Lunch this Friday

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yoshi picks up his 355 this week, and we've discussed having lunch on Friday so I can see the new toy. Nick has said he wants to join us, so lets just make it an event. We'll probably eat in Irving somewhere since it's centrally located. Anybody interested?

2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I'll be in Vegas.

3. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Dog.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm only working the morning, but then heading to the baseball game. Don't think I'll have time for lunch, we'll see.

5. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    I should be able to get together on Friday. Just need to know where and when.

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I was told the car will be ready Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll just drop by tomorrow on the way to a meeting to see how it's going. I totally forgot about Good Friday, so some of you may not work on Friday. I have to work, though, especially after new acquisition.

Yoshi

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Call me a bad user, but I can't find any posts about you getting a 355. Last I heard you were looking at 512 M's and 550's. Please share the info or are you waiting til you receive the car?

8. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I'm in if the week doesn't explode on me

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Rob, it's long story, but basically I am inplusive buyer when the good offer is made. Jonathan offered something I couldn't resist, and he's a very good guy! I'll tell you about it when we meet, if you are still interested.

512TR/M or 550 is still my current destination for Ferrari. I just decided to make a stop at 355 for now.

10. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Hummmmmmmmmmm sounds good

11. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ok, you're a bad user! :D

12. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Since it is Good Friday it might be tough to get together, so do you guys want to wait till next week?

13. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    The car will be ready on Thursday, and Jonathan may join us w/ his Gallardo. If we are to extend this to next week, please post it here, so he'll check the details.

I don't mind meeting just 2-3 guys for lunch as I'm expecting slow Friday, as most of my clients are off, but I have just 2 meetings.

Let me know Jim, Nick & Jim!

14. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Let's postpone lunch, guys.

I just got back from LoD as Jonathan found an issue, bad suspension system which will cost $7K to repair, this morning on 355. He'll call the owner to negotiate for the cost, and will get back to me tomorrow.

But the car won't be ready on Thursday pick-up. I am very dissapointed as looking forward to open-air drive this weekend. I already made $10K deposit, and seeing the car in front of me but cannot drive is depressing.....

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best as I'm hoping Jonathan will do his best.

Will keep you updated for next week lunch.

Of course, if you guys just want to get together this Friday, that's fine, too, but........

15. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    That is fine with me. It looks like its going to rain anyway. I'll be looking forward to next week. BTW did you check out my post on the trip to Italy?

16. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Just got back from LoD, and as expected, Jonathan is taking care of me. The car will go through full service, and it's gonna look new w/ all twinkles will be fixed. I don't mind additional cost as it was very reasonable as the dealer, the owner, and I will share the cost.

355 is running great, and I probably wouldn't noticed any problem until it would break down later. I appreciate Jonathan's honesty on problems, and be frank on how to handle the matter. I could back out the deal, but w/ additional few thoughsands, I will have worry-free car for at least few years after the major service, too.

Only problem is tha car won't be ready in 2-3 weeks. So even next week, I won't have a car yet.

17. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    i saw that car at LOD three weeks ago.nice car.