Shell Helix Ultra Oil Source Found! | FerrariChat

Shell Helix Ultra Oil Source Found!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by LMPDesigner, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    o all,

I have found a source outside of Ferrari NA for Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Synthetic oil. Thats the good news!! The bad news is that I can only get it in 50 gallon drum size. The good news is that I can buy it for a lot less than the equivalent of $15.00/liter that Ferrari wants. I would like to buy a drum and then offer to resell it to everyone who wants it. I would package it in one gallon and/or five gallon plastic containers and sell it for somewhere between $5.00 and $7.00 per quart. (Dependes on cost of containers.) plus shipping.

This is real Shell Helix (My source is Shell itself!) and I would include full certs with each sale.

I need an idea as to whether this would be of value to everyone at Ferrari chat. It would be a bit of a pain for me and I would not be making much, if any money on it but would allow me (and others) access to Shell Helix at Mobil One prices!

Please give me your feedback!

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hi brian, great offer and nice of you as well to want to help others. maybe post this in Tech Q& A and see if more gear heads that go there will respond. great idea, best of luck! michael

3. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I just usually go to Discount auto parts and buy the 'Discount Auto Part' brand....

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Why would you go through such a hassle ? Any quality 5x40 syhthetic oil woll work fine and will not void your warranty, including an Enzo as long as you use the correct viscosity rating . See the Magnuson-Mosss Warranty Act which prevents a manufacturer from voiding a warranty for using aftermarket or non-recommended products in a car unless they car prove that its use caused thefailure. .

5. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    frank, you should know, at concours they are sampling the oil and if its not shell for the newer cars than you get points deducted. :)

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Yes, but if I have a Dino is it still OK to use Shell? Or is there a special Dino blend?? :)

Dom

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I don't care what you use in your Ferrari or Dino. I just think it is foolish and a waste of money to use a specific brand of oil when a quality sythetic of any brand such as Mobile1, Castrol, Redline,ect.. will work just fine and NOT void your warranty. The only reason Ferrari changed from Agip to Shell was due to F1 sponsorship money, not because of the quality of the oil.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The owners manual for my 328GTS specifies 10W-50 oil. Anyone know a source for it in the Atlanta area??

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My BB512i OM calls for Agip Sint2000 10w50 oil . I have been unable to find it anywhere. I have been using Mobile1 20w50, or Redline 15w50 or Agip Sint2000 10w40 with no problem.

10. davel

davel Guest

Mobil One (1) should suffice at the 15w-50 Synthetic formula they sell. The stuff is basically indestructible. Buy that and just drive!

11. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I will take some. Thanks

12. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I'd be interested in about 20 quarts (or is that 5 gallons?). :)