webber is really a stand-up guy | FerrariChat

webber is really a stand-up guy

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ross, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    I agree that was a class act.

But I disagree with the other part of your statement. I believe Button would have done the same thing. And, while I think Rubens might do something like this, I've never seen nor heard of MS acting that way. He is, after all, famous (infamous?) for the "Schuey chop".

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I've been a Webber fan since his debut. His character is a notch above the others', more or less.

4. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
  5. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Good to see hear, that somebody is taking blame for their own actions. Good on you Mark Webber.

I never liked Webber, no reason really, for some reason I didn't think much of him. But after reading these articles I have a totally different opinion about him. Alonso is still my favourite from the young bloods.

6. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe

i will tend to agree. he may seem to have turnred into a stand up guy but lets hope next time he will make such actions on the track instead of in the pits afterwards. if he would have put FA off it would be he who would be looking for Mark in the pits after the race.

7. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That article really sums it up. I remember watching mark when he was racing Formula Ford here in Aus. He's a great guy and he has had to work his heart out to get where he is today. I think that played a major role in his "fessing-up". Everyone makes mistakes, respect to Mark for admitting that!