no response from the gas to the engine/F355 F1 | FerrariChat

no response from the gas to the engine/F355 F1

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ssalahuddin, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ssalahuddin

ssalahuddin Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    After replacing the heat gasket due to the overheat engine (water went inside the engine), the car has to be manually injected with fuel in order to run. After the fuel gone the engine stops imediately. There is no response from the accelerator when i press the pedal. Anybody knows what's wrong with the car. The car is in the official Ferrari dealer in Indonesia. they still looking to short this problem out. They run all they ECU check, and it shows nothing wrong except the heat sensor. The mechanic said that this shoul not be a problem to start the engin to run. We are confused=(

2. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Just curious...........How did they manually inject the fuel?

It seems obvious, that the engine is not getting fuel, on it's own..........I assume the engine cranks OK. It could be as simple as a bad fuel pump, or one of the relays that control it.

3. ssalahuddin

ssalahuddin Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    yes, the cranks is OK. They use special injector to fuel the engine manually . Then the engine start up easily up untill it runs out the fuel then stops. There is no response on the engine when I pressed the gas pedal.
    My mechanic afraid that it has something to do with the ECU (quite expensive) rather than the fuel pump.
    I hope is only the fuel pump or the relay.