Help! Remote door lock not working... | FerrariChat

Help! Remote door lock not working...

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by joelk, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joelk

joelk Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi there all,

Anyone got any suggestions as to why my remote locking system has stopped working? - and what I can do about it!

The battery in the remote is brand new. The keys still work fine in the door. The car recently had a flat battery, which has since been recharged (and the remote locking system was working fine before that). It's a 1994, 456GT.

Many thanks for any suggestions / pointers...

Best regards,

Joel

2. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I remember reading once that when replacing a battery you have to reinitialize the locking system. I do not remember how. Maybe just call the local ferrari dealer's service department.

aehaas

3. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    We were warned way back when these alarms came out that if the alarm was activated when the battery went dead, there is a possibility for damage to accure to the alarm system. Need to haul it to the dealer.

4. joelk

joelk Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    I don't want to take it to the dealer thanks. Everytime I do I seem to be about £600 poorer!

Does anyone know what they key in the side wall under the glove box does? (If that's relevant?)

Or how to re-sync the alarm with the fob?

Many thanks !

Joel