F1 Test Day at Fiorano | FerrariChat

F1 Test Day at Fiorano

Discussion in 'F1' started by Nick R, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    It sounds very tempting. Does anyone have any experience with this?

PROGRAMME
    12th of May 2004

4pm – 6pm Arrival at the Fini Hotel (Modena)
    6:30pm Welcome cocktail
    7:30pm Depart for the Fini Restaurant by bus
    8pm Gala dinner with Ferrari staff

13th of May 2004

7am – 9:30am Breakfast at the Hotel
    9:30am Depart for the Fiorano track by bus
    10am Arrival at the track
    10:30am Welcome coffee
    10:45am Technical briefing
    11:30am Start of visits to the pits
    1pm Lunch at the track; meeting and pictures with the driver
    2:45pm Galleria Ferrari; Factory visit
    4:15pm Return to the track
    5pm End of the day

2. Stradale Dan

Stradale Dan Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    my dad is going, I cant go because I have finals, but I am going the next week for monaco and nurburgring F1, cant wait!!!

3. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Coincidence or Divine Providence has put my wife and I in Maranello May 11-13. We have had this trip planned for months and now hear about this. WOW!!
    What I want to know (before I pony up $1100 for the experience) is what time is alloted to watch the "on track" portion of testing. I don't see it in the schedule that Nick R. posted. How much F1 action do you actually get up close and personal for??

We have reservations and an M3 to drive already. Anyone know if they offer admission ONLY to Fiorano for less $$$?

4. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    All I can say is don't think too much about it...just do it! Last year, I was in Maranello at the factory and we were taken across the street (literally) to Fiorano for a private tour where they were performing wet track testing on the F1 car. There are few words to describe the experience...the level of energy and excitement is overwhelming. If you still don't want to spend the money, you can always stand on the bridge overlooking the testing grounds and just watch from afar, as many local and onlookers do...either way, it's worth the trip. Here's a pic I took as you enter the grounds:

http://www.evosport.com/gallery/events/europe02/ferrari/ferrari_fiorano01.jpg

5. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Simon,

Thank you for the feedback. I just wanted to make sure that it was a good experience and not just a 5 second walk through the pits kind of thing. I am most excited about meeting the drivers. Are you going? So far it’s myself and another F1/ Ferrari fanatic that are going.

F129 B (name?)

That’s all the info I have and for the price I believe it’s a great deal. PM me if you would like to coordinate meeting over there.

Nick

6. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    One thing to remember is that Michael and Rubens might not be there. Luca Badoer might be doing the testing that day. Either way it sounds a great experience. Luca Badoer is a really nice guy, just not a 'real' current F1 driver.

7. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    I went to the first F1 testing invite last July at Mugello and it just happened to be on the same week that my wife and I had planned on being in Italy, like F129b. The experience was very nice and we met with some genuinely wonderful people from Ferrari. I can't speak for the Fiorano session, but we had a very, very nice dinner at a 11th century castle above Florence the night before and felt that we were treated quite nice.

Michael was in the same hotel that they put us up in and signed a few autographs the morning after the test (we stayed an extra night), but we missed out 'cause we found out after he left for Mugello. At our session we had Massa as the driver and a bunch of the Bridgestone techs. We basically watched for several hours and had chances to go to the garage area to get an up close look at the mechanics working on the car.

Like anything with Ferrari you will only enjoy it as much as you set your expectations in your mind. As one who loves the feeling of Ferrari, both my wife and I thought it was an experience not to be missed. But I have to admit, others felt like it wasn't enough of an experience. That's why I say just be there and enjoy it for what it is, the day to day effort that the best team in F1 puts forward, and you get to witness it up close.

8. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
  9. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    GWat,

Thanks for the info. I’m pretty pumped about going. I have liked Ferrari’s since I was a kid, now I have one and would love to see the factory as well as se them prep the car for Monaco. It would be perfect to meet MS and/ or RB but I don’t want to set the expectation up.

Nick

10. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yes, indeed thank you BWat!
    Did you see a similar itinerary for your "test day" actvities?
    The one that Nick R posted for Fiorano does NOT even show time to watch the cars on track. The time is seemingly all taken up by technical briefings, lunch, tours etc. I want to be in the garage, pit or grandstand for as much action as takes place.
    I am quite sure that I will forget about hunger if there is on-track activity to watch.

11. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    From what I remember of the itinerary, it was similar. The thing about the session was that it was pretty much ongoing throughout the day and we had a balcony view of the pit area where we watched the car doing laps, coming in for adjustments and monitoring, then returning to the track.

They had quite a layout of snacks and drinks, as well as serving lunch. Some of the comments made revolved around guests wanting more to do during the day (some got bored by the whole affair). I suspect that this may be the reason for the trip to the galleria and the factory visit (which was one of my recommendations).

I know you will have a great time if you are true tifosi!

12. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    I hope that you get the whole factory tour. There are rumours about the plant being closed to tours this spring and summer. Some suspect the retool for the next 575 along the assembly line. You may see my Stradale being built. They now have my formal options and I am to have it here sometime in the later part of June.

Yeehaaa!!

13. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    GWat,

First I cant thank you enough for all of the info. Second, at no charge I will see if you car is ready, and take it out and test it for you! :>

Nick

14. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Ah, I wish. Too much going on here. I may be back there later this year. Make sure you get a glimpse of the Enzo assembly line...saw about 8 Enzos...more than I will ever see again at once :)

15. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Anybody else want to go? It a F1/ Ferraista friend and I so far.

Gentile Cliente,

Abbiamo il piacere di confermarle l'acquisto del seguente pacchetto:

1 Fiorano F1 Test Day per due persone / Fiorano F1 Test Day for two persons / Fiorano F1 Test Day pour deux personnes

per l'evento Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day del 12/05/2004 - 13/05/2004 da lei acquistato in data 13 aprile 2004 con l'ordine numero OS_F_order.

La fattura relativa all'acquisto le sara' spedita al seguente indirizzo dal lei indicato al momento dell'ordine:

75028 Flower Mound (Texas) United States

Eventuali ulteriori informazioni le verranno comunicate nei prossimi giorni via e-mail.
    Grazie per aver scelto di effettuare un acquisto dal Ferrari Owners' Site.
    Le ricordiamo che il Ferrari Owners' Site è a sua disposizione per qualsiasi eventuale richiesta o chiarimento.

Now for those of you that dont know Italian:

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to confirm the purchase of the following package:

1 Fiorano F1 Test Day per due persone / Fiorano F1 Test Day for two persons / Fiorano F1 Test Day pour deux personnes

for the event Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day / Fiorano F1 Test Day on date 05/12/2004 - 05/13/2004, which you bought on April 13 2004 with the order number OS_F__order.

The invoice for your purchase will be sent you to the following address, you indicated when placing your order:

75028 Flower Mound (Texas) United States

Further information - if any - will be sent you via e-mail in the next days.
    Thank you for placing an order on the Ferrari Owners' Site.

We remind you that we remain at your complete disposal for any further request or explanation.

16. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nick-
    I have yet to hear back from Ferrari about my request. Did you get an e-mail contact in your confirmation?
    Thanks,
    Rob

17. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Nick R and F129b,

Are you back from Italy yet? I am sooo jeloso about Michael being there and judging from the pics on the owners site he spent some time with you all. Out standing!!! You must post some pictures. Oh, and how was the rest of your trip?

18. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    GWat,

The event isn’t until May 12th, but believe me I will be glad to share pics, etc. when I get back. I have received confirmation from Ferrari and I have all the travel set. Just waiting till the 11th now.

Nick

19. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Rob,

Yes I did, see below. I would guess that they will answer you. You may want to consider calling them.

Nick

[email protected]

20. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    #20 Nick R, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay now I'm really pumped!

F1 Test Day with Schumacher at Fiorano

4/14/2004 - 4/15/2004

Fiorano

The first F1 Test Day took place at Fiorano on Thursday, April 15th and, needless to day, Michael Schumacher was on hand to make sure all went well. In fact, he personally took the wheel of an F2004 for the development tests aimed at tuning the car for the upcoming San Marino GP. The World Champion also met with around 50 Prancing Horse clients who had signed up to attend the event through the Owners’ Site.

All of the photos taken at the track and the F1 Clienti division are already online (you can access them via the right-hand link on this page) and a comprehensive report will follow shortly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login