Group 2 Motorsports Service | FerrariChat

Group 2 Motorsports Service

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Just want to pass along a good experience with Group 2 Motorsports in Seattle.

I had an alignment done there last Wednesday and my car drives like new! Good steering response, consistant steering loads and great tracking at ALL speeds. Special thanks to Chris for going the extra mile dialing this car in.

Joe English also provided me with information on brake and suspension upgrades that was very helpful in cooking up a plan for the 'Old Yellow One' this winter.

Special thanks to Mark Peters at Gerber Motorsports for the referral.

All in all an enjoyable day. A great way to play hooky from work!

Thanks again,
    Dana

2. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Howdy Dana, I'm glad to hear this. I've been to their shop a few times and plan as well to have some tires drop-shipped there for my 16'' Cromodora's, alignment, springs, etc.

I met Joe and one of his tech's, Chris, at Eurofest. I've felt very comfortable in talking to them thus far. I look forward to Sophia getting some adjustments soon!

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    They are great. I have had alignments done on both my 328GTS and BMW 540. In fact, I am having a brake job performed right now, including new Goodridge stainless steel brake lines! (after 17 years, figure time to change them). They are also swapping out some Bosch FI parts I provided them, and changing the gearbox oil too.

Should be ready to go, Thursday evening! Who's for a drive this weekend? :)

Dave

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hi Dave,
    What kind of gear oil did you settle on? Amount of LS additive?

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I am still using Redline 75w-90 NS. At .5% slip additive (redline's version) I was still getting some diff chatter, so based on other's experience, I upped it to 2%, but then I was having some synchro crunching issues at high rpm's. So I dumped it out, and am now at 1% which is the max amount that Redline's tech guy Dave said I should use. Shifting is great again, and I only hear the faintest of diff chatter when making a 90 degree turn from a stop while jumping on the throttle. All other normal driving, no noise. I am happy with this set up. BTW, the regular Redline gear oil has 5% slip additive.

Dave

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thanks, it works for me.

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss