Anyone ever watch Night Stand with Dick Dietrick? | FerrariChat

Anyone ever watch Night Stand with Dick Dietrick?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I just thought about this today for some reason. Night Stand was one of the funniest shows I had ever seen.

2. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    I have a few shows on VHS. It was great running the show for unsuspecting guests! The local NBC affiliate would run it after Saturday Night Live. The Father Chip & Sister Ashley segments were the best!

KevFla

3. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I haven't thought about that show for years and only saw it a few times -- but I agree with you, it was very, very funny.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yeah - saw it a few times - though I probably saw Timothy Stack (Dick Dietrick) on the Lot a few more times than the show itself. Trip to see him enduring the highs and lows of: hot, hot, hot-the show's on the bubble-cancelled-gone-parting is such sweet sorrow. Not like I knew the guy - just... a case study, I suppose.

Personally, I way dug watching Fernwood 2night with Martin Mull, Fred Willard & when Gary Coleman would steal the show (every time he was on & where he first became a household name.) As I recall, Happy Kyne & his Orchestra were completely were just *off* cue time after time... This show, of course, stemmed from Mary, Hartman, Mary Hartman... - which, along with Fernwood 2Night, ended up making an accidental Country Music hit called "Baby Boy."

Wow.

Did I ever meander...

So much for thread-hijacking (sorry)

I agree Night Stand was a funny show - shame it ended, really.

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Woah! That show was great. Was definately one of the funniest shows around at the time.

6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Whoa.. I thought I was going crazy.. couldn't for the life of me remember what that show was called. Without a doubt one of the funniest shows ever. I never saw his Baywatch ripoff though.. think it was called Life's a Beach...

-R

7. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

My favorite Night Stand was where a lady's husband dies and she thought his spirit was inhabiting her English Sheepdog. Dick asked "Has he been trying to reach you...you know, doggie style?"

His Baywatch parody was called Son of the Beach. The Silence of the Clams episode with the lesbian beach vendor ("I musta ate me about hunert thousand clams") is my personal favorite.

8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I loved the show. Were the people real? I always thought it was complete acting...

9. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I was under the impression that it was all acting.

Here are a few quotes

Dick Dietrick here...if you or someone you know has accidentally shaved off their upper lip and can still whistle... give us a call.

Are you a straight guy named Cody? You can be a guest on "Night Stand". Give us a call.

Did you party like it was 1999, only to find out it wasn’t? You can be a guest on "Night Stand". Give us a call.