Attended the Bahrain Grand Prix . . . | FerrariChat

Attended the Bahrain Grand Prix . . .

Discussion in 'F1' started by 3omar, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    My ears are still ringing with the glorious sound of the 3.0-liter V10s and gear shifting that sounds like shots being fired!!! And, oh, the smell of those cars zipping past . . .

Schumacher is absolutely unstoppable at this point. It looks like his 7th title is coming along smoothly.

The town is small and pleasant, its quite green for a desert area with sidewalks lined with roses and palm trees, etc. The people are very warm and friendly and (surprisingly for an inaugural event of this size), the Grand Prix was extremely well organized, be it the roads to and from the circuit or the airport, etc.

Sadly, I couldn’t find a single hotel room in the country (even though I had bought the tickets last October and had been looking for hotel rooms since!). All 5-star, 4-star and 3-star hotels were fully booked for the Grand Prix weekend since last fall, as were all furnished apartments, etc. In fact, hotels in neighboring countries were also fully booked for the entire weekend with dozens of charter flights taking people in and out daily!

Since I live in Kuwait (an hour’s flight from Bahrain), I opted to fly to Bahrain in the mornings and out in the evenings back to Kuwait for all 3 days, which was quite hectic, but well worth it.

On race day, I estimate the circuit (capacity 45,000) to have had a seat occupancy rate of over 95%. And the dominant color was (of course) red :).

Here are some pics from Bahrain, obtained from the web site. I will try to post some of my own pictures of the circuit soon:

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Great pictures! Sounds like you had a ball! I can't wait untill next year! I hope the Montreal race will be a go.

3. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Omar,

Great pictures! Did you take these?

Nick

4. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    No, I got them off the Bahrain International Circuit website (www.bahraingp.com.bh).

I will try to post some of my pictures soon.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Omar, I'm glad you find the secret access panel to the Racing forum.
    :)

Please post your pics here. At the end of the season I'll put together a collection of F1 shots from our own FChatters. We need some from Bahrain (and Sepang, but I think nobody on here went there).