Removable magnetic fender shields | FerrariChat

Removable magnetic fender shields

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by pflowers, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pflowers

pflowers Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Dothan, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Paul Flowers
    Here is a tip for those who are not sure if they want the fender shields on their car or maybe you only want them on some of the time. Buy a pair of the Ferrari OEM 3D resin fender shields. You can find them on Ebay for $20 a pair. Then go to Office Depot or a similar store and buy a package of the thin magnetic sheets that are used to put on the back of business cards. These sheets have one adhesive side. Stick the adhesive side of the fender shield to the adhesive side of the magnetic sheet ( it will thake two sheets to completely cover the back of the shield. Trim the excess magnetic sheet with a razor knife. You now have a fender shield that will magnetically adhear to the car and can be removed at any time without leaving any marks on the car. There may be some speed at which these will blow off but I have had mine on up to 90 mph without problems.

2. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Some Ferraris have aluminum front quarter panels. Check your car before you get the magnetic shields.

3. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Mine stayed on up to 120mph. Of couse I was driving 55 mph into a 65mph head wind..... They ultimately blew off one chilly day this past February. I think the cold keep them from "forming" to the curve of the fender.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the idea is a good suggestion but 2 things: some cars have aluminum fenders and secondly, the decals look cheap. Just my opinion.
    Also, if anyone is interested, I sell the metal scuderia shields for most models Ferrari's. Send me your email address and I will forward the info and a picture.
    $225 plus postage for the pair.
    [email protected]