F355 Workshop Manuals | FerrariChat

F355 Workshop Manuals

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ade, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Hey guys,

I've just bought the F355 workshop manuals for a bit of bedtime reading!! All 3000 + pages of it....hummm.

The section regarding the wheels is quite interesting/scary! Considering the reactivity of Magnesium to water (which I seem to remember learning about at A-level chemistry) , they recommend that if you have any damage to any of the rims, you should replace immediately. I don't know about you guys, but my rims have all got chips and cracks all over.... better not drive it in the wet then!!! :)

Can you imagine, running over a pot-hole, cracking the rim, then into a puddle and the whole rear of your car going up in fireworks!! heh heh

Ade

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Ferrari always remind me of the goverment....always trying to squeese money out of you oneway or another, and tell us its for our own good. I think its just ferrari trying to tax the owner yet again.

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Magnesium is indeed in the most reactive group of metals in the periodic table, but the wheels are magnesium alloy so they shouldn't react with water! Even in air magnesium goes dull, which is not the case with the wheels. They are alloyed so they won't react. As Charlie says, just trying to lighten your wallet even more...

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Ade thats the sort of reading i like,enjoy it you will learn loads about your car,
    these manuals arnt cheap saw some at a classic car show at the nec for sale,
    3000 pages thats cool,good job i havent got it anyway wouldnt talk to the girlfreind till id come out of the last page,
    cheers
    Dale.

5. Dick Blinn

Dick Blinn Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    Vanport, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richar D. Blinn
    Try getting a hold of Speedline...they make the wheels.