"Polo on the Lawn" Las Colinas Show off your Ferrari's!!!! | FerrariChat

"Polo on the Lawn" Las Colinas Show off your Ferrari's!!!!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rajn72, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Folks, I am coordinating with the Dallas Junior Chamber and with their annual "Polo on the Lawn" event. Its a benefit for charity as well a chance to socialize at the Las Colinas Polo Club. They do a champagne light bruch and get to hang out and watch Polo.

Well, this year I was asked if the Ferrari group would be interested in bring cars out to show. We thought it would be a great match up of a super marquee and event.

I was wondering who might be interested in coming with their car. We will be able to have a seperate area for the cars and even are working to try and have a judging too.

Please let me know and thanks for your help.

The event date is May 1st, 2004. I went last year and it was tons of fun
    and I think have the cars there would be great!!!

Thanks
    Raj
    "360/6spd on order"

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Hmmm... how about some more details?
    Times? Costs? What's in a "light brunch"?
    Who does the charity benefit?
    Is there a website you can point us to?

And most critically...

What's the odds that a stray shot from the Polo players
    gets anywhere near our cars?????

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Raj, sounds great. Only problem is Keels and Wheels on the same date in Houston.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Is this held at the Equisterian (sorry if I mis-spelled) on O'Connor? I have been there few times in the past 15 years(!!!).

I may participate if things worked out as not far away from my home.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Usually only a few vintage cars go to Keels and Wheels from DFW. Probably just Marci and Rodney.

Brian, I talked with Raj back and forth about this and suggested he post on here to guage interest. They would be happy with even just 10 cars and I think that's doable.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Is this the horse place on the corner of Royal and (street I'll have to look at on my way to work tomorrow)? There is a large equestrian center/polo ground/private school there.

Can we do doughnuts on the lawn? :D

7. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    W/ Jim's & my info on streets, it is complete. Equesterian locates at Royal & O'Connor. That school, elementary is not a private school, but public. It is really coveted for some Irving residence as it has a excellent reputation. My son's friend's mother, who is ISD principal told me of this school. I used to think it was a private, too.

Rajn72, let us know the details (what Brian already requested).

Yoshi

8. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Actually we are doing our Rally to the Ranch on May 1st. We are not doing Wheels & Keels this year. So you have the choice of looking @ horses, or driving out in the country and riding them.

Rodney

9. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Folks, thanks for the interest. Cars will be kept away form any flying objects or horse manure... There is a seperate spot that can be used. The event is at the Equstrian site in Las Colinas. It is sponsered by the Las Colinas Polo club and "Helping Hands" The goal is to raise funds for the fight against Domestic violence and awareness. The time is 4:30PM where a match will be held and of course we hope a great Ferrari showing.

I am going to try and post some of the
    promotional information as soon as I can figure out how to show a .pdf file to you guys? Any help there?

Regards
    Raj

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If there will be beer or we can bring beer, I know 4-5 Ferraris that would be there. :)

11. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    There will be beer/refreshments there as well for all...
    As well as food...

Raj

12. The Godmother

The Godmother Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Marci H.
    Did you know that the Jaguar Club does this every year, also? You might contact them if you want more cars.

We are doing the Rally to the Ranch that weekend.

By the way, at the old Willow Bend Polo Club (where I had box seats), I did see a polo ball fly past the stands and break a rear window of a car. Some spectator actually reached into the car and retrieved the ball. AFter the game, I told the owner what had happened.

13. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Folks, here is the event info. If I can get a rough idea of how many folks might be interested in coming, that would be great. Please email me at:

[email protected]

What:

3rd Annual Polo on the Lawn benefiting The Family Place

When:

May 1, 2004

4:30 pm – Festivities begin

Where:

The Las Colinas Polo Club

600 E. Royal Lane at O'Connor Blvd.

Irving, Texas 75039

Reservations:

$45 per person payable with cash, check or credit card

Honorary Chair:

Anna de Haro from MIX 102.9

Event Description:

Inspired by the famous polo scene in “Pretty Woman,” Polo on the Lawn is a fun-filled

afternoon of polo with fast-paced action, thoroughbred beauties, champagne divot stomping,

side-line socializing and live music. Guests bring a picnic lunch to enjoy while watching the

USPA Henry S. Miller Cup Tournament Finals. Prizes are awarded for the “Best Dressed”

Lady, Gentleman, Couple and Picnic. The event goal is to introduce the general public to the

Sport of Kings while raising much-needed funds and awareness for The Family Place and its

mission to put an end to domestic violence in the community. There are unique opportunities

for corporate sponsors and area restaurants to participate and help make Polo on the Lawn

one of the most anticipated annual charity events in Dallas.

Event promotion and reservations:

Helping Hands for The Family Place, Henry S. Miller Companies and The Las Colinas Polo

Club are promoting this event through public service announcements, press releases,

invitations, flyers, posters, advertorials, displays at retail stores, and during other Helping

Hands events.

For more information please contact Emily Santillan at (214) 443-7717 or

[email protected]. or Raj N. 469-831-9170
    [email protected]

raj

14. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Raj,

I am game. Let me know some more details. By the way, who is playing?

Nick

15. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Nick, glad your interested. I will post up some more details tonight when I get home. I will also give you the contact for the event just in case.

As far as playing, I am not sure. I think its a local club so they might have their own teams.

Think you can convince anyone else to join you?

raj

16. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Is this limited to Ferrari's or are other performance cars allowed? Say, for example, my MB E55?

17. Polo_Publicity

Mar 24, 2004
    Guys,

My Name is Mo Gaber, I am the Publicity Chair for POTL, we would really love for all performance & exotic car owners to bring their cars out to the event, I think that Polo and Exotic cars really go hand in hand.

I am working with the Lamboghini Dealership here in dallas for them to bring out some cars (or at least one), and also am in discussions with Lineback, for them to bring out a couple of cars. If anyone is interested in Range Rovers, they will have an off-road track out there where you can try out your off-roading skills.

We are also working on prizes for the best looking car, if you want more info on the event, you can give me a ring on 214-673-6216, or email on [email protected].

p.s. Rob, I live just down the road from you, I think I may have seen you in your car a couple of times.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very cool, I'm the one hanging the Ferrari flag on the tiny house on White Chapel F1 weekends. Although we did just sell this mansion. Anyway, I've discovered a few Ferraris lurking in the area.

19. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    SOunds cool. Count me in.

20. Tuco

Tuco Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Texas
    Sounds elegant. Ill try to attend!

21. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Hey Ferrari guys, thanks a bunch for commenting on this thread and coming out to the Polo on the Lawn event. I am sure it will be a great time...
    Please let me know if you have any questions...

Raj

[email protected]

22. TAHOECRS

TAHOECRS Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    DALLAS TX
    Full Name:
    CHAD STEVENS
    what is the dress atire?

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have a SCCA race at TMS that weekend, but it does sound like a good event. Don't forget the Maffia club rally is the same weekend.

24. FerrariFan

FerrariFan Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Big D
    Full Name:
    Patrick C.
    I attended this even last year and the majority of men wore "business casual" - dress or polo shirts with slacks, some wore ties & jackets.

25. Polo_Publicity

Mar 24, 2004