Saturday, 4-10-04 drive | FerrariChat

Saturday, 4-10-04 drive

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    In case the 'Clubchat' doesn't work could we use this thread to arrange for the (possible) drive this Saturday the 10th?

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Waow, we have a drive every Saturday now??

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Dana,
    I'm kinda working on one right now, so here goes:
    Several folks are going up to the Resort at Semiahmoo, so figured we could just tag along and go up with them, and have lunch up there. I think Albert Lim was planning on taking the new Stradale (if he get's it on Friday), and his wife was going to drive the new SLK, Poncho in his Maserati, and Jackson probably in his SL55. We could all meet at N-Gate at 9 and departing PROMPTLY at 9:30am. We would detour at Arlington, taking highway 9 up to Bellingham, then return to I-5 up to Semiahmoo. After lunch we can take pictures, and on the return leg, hit Chuckanut Drive. If we have time, we could even explore the roads between Blaine and Bellingham.....

BTW, SteveJ says if Kaydawn gives her permission, he may even join us in the new F40!!!!!

Also, Steve J did suggest Leavenworth...if that is a preferred destination, by you all, then we could do that instead. Steve suggested I-90 to Blewett Pass, to Leavenworth, then return via Stevens Pass. This is about 2.5 hours for each leg. The scenery will be awesome.

My thought for Semiahmoo...only 2 hours each leg, and perhaps a bit less crowded venue...and several members are already going..great scenery on highway 9, and neat waterside restaurant.

You guys make the call, as either would be fine with me.

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I like the idea of the Leavenworth run through Blewett etc .I used to do it on motorcycle. Beautiful scenery! Tumwater canyon too!

I think the run to Semiahmoo would be a great time. I haven't done Hwy. 9 north of Mt.Vernon so one of you guys can be the lead, Willis?

I'll take a look at a map tonight for possible routes on the way back.

It's Easter this weekend if I am not mistaken. Holiday traffic etc.... Saturday would probably be okay anyway?

5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Confirmation!!!! SteveJ is a go, but he needs to be home by 3 or 4 pm. If we decide to go to Leavenworth, we will need to depart about one hour earlier, to ensure he gets back in time, so we would need to link up say at the Costco in Issaquah around 8am, departing at 8:30am.

So where do you guys want to go? North or East?

6. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Have a great drive. If not for the planned weeked, I would have also picked going by the pass. See you guys next week for the Alfa of Tacoma event.

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Either route would be fine for me. I'm leaning a little toward the Leavenworth run. Is Steve open to driving the north route?

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

have fun guys, weather should be perfect. Drive SAFE

9. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'd prefer East - something different

10. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Yes, I agree.

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    My last email with SteveJ; he said either was fine, he just needs to be home no later than 4pm.

So, decision is made, we are going to LEAVENWORTH!

Meet at the Costco in Issaquah at 8:00 am Saturday, departing at 8:30 am promptly. We will probably pick up Steve J at the highway 18 junction with I-90.

See you all there!

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    How about South? We're heading to RTGT!

13. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Scheduled maintenance for Kuzi's 575?

14. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Actually heading to Leavenworth and seeing Steve J's F40 sounds more fun than going to RTGT this saturday.......hmmmmmmm

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Agreed, I want to hear him open up those twin turbos. RTGT open on Sunday?

16. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I should be able to make it.

Guess I'll just blow off my plan to work in the yard....plant a garden... clean the garage... etc....etc..

Chasing after an F40 on a drive through the mountains definitively takes priority over all that other stuff! :)

Gary

17. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I saw your rear right wheel being replaced because of the crack at PP (Joey) when I detailed my G last friday.

This must have been when you picked me up 2 weeks ago going to Maggie's bluff, coming back to Westin you hit the ditch on the road??

OUCH

18. shelbee

shelbee Guest

No I think meeting with the CPA is more important to get more back to buy more F accessories stuff :)

19. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

???

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    You mean manhole? BIG pothole that the city has since paved over.

21. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Yeap, that was it............that pothole I hit destroyed the passenger front wheel. Suprisingly the tire was ok. Thank goodness, Shawn in Utah had a wheel someone was trying to sell. The Ferrari list price for the 19" modular wheel for the 575 is $3400 a peice!.......................I got mine for $1600 including shipping. I'll take some pics of the wheel when I get my 575 back. I'm also having the front spoiler resprayed................keep scraping that long nose!

22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hey Kuzi,
    If your R/F tire took a hit hard enough to damage a rim I would seriously consider relacing the tire, especially if you are going to drive over 60 MPH. Non-visual, internal damage etc.............

23. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL

Actually had the same thought...............my buddy whom I trust completely had the tire checked out by two places and they said the tire was perfect. And these two places he trusts completely.

I actually called him up after your post and he reiterated the same thing to me.

24. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL

Actually had the same thought...............my buddy whom I trust completely had the tire checked out by two places and they said the tire was perfect. And these two places he trusts completely.

I actually called him up after your post and he reiterated the same thing to me.

25. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Usually with careful inspection the damage can be found. If the guys are competent and nothing was found then I guess you're good to go. 'it's in the bag'.

SOOOOOOOOOoooooo, are ya goin on the drive?:D