Petition for NJ front license Plate removal | FerrariChat

Petition for NJ front license Plate removal

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by aawil, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Good luck on that one. I leave mine off.

While you're petitioning, I'd like to be able to pump my own gas on my occasional drive North. Can't believe that hasn't changed.

3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Not my petition it was on the corvette forum just spreading it around.Although I just assume not have to pump my own gas.

4. Sondra

Sondra Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Sondra
    We have a mandatory front plate in Texas too, though I and many of my friends refuse to put it on.

I wish I could say that I thought a petition would have some affect; but the lobbies for the paint companies who provide the paint for the plates will fight any legislation to remove the front plate at every step because it bites into their profits. There has been legislation floating around in various law making bodies in Texas for some time, but there has been no discernible progress toward removing the plate in years now.

*sigh*

5. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    heh, i had my vette registered in NJ never had a front plate, got 1 ticket for that. Who cares...drive around without one...even if you get 3 tickets a year....its only $75 to not put that dumb plate on

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    In "The Peoples Republic of Boulder" they ticket your car while it's parked in front of your house. Then they come back EVERY day and give you another ticket until you put the front plate on.