Car shows and Cruise nights for 2004 | FerrariChat

Car shows and Cruise nights for 2004

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok Guys,

Our buddies at Double K Productions has the 2004 schedule posted.

Here's the link : http://doublekproductions.com/schedule.htm

Let look at maybe crashing a few more car shows with a slew of Ferrari's arriving like we did last year.... :)

Just something here to help this winter go by faster so we can get out and start driving a real car again, even though Andreas is already driving...

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice schedule. Oh wait, that's just the background.

Thanks for the link. Will update my calendar accordingly. Yes, we should crash a party or two. And I will also go to some event I won't tell you guys about it, so I have less competition...
    :)

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Studying the schedule I don't see any cruise nights?

What's up with that? There is only one evening event and that's a Corvette deal.

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Hey everyone,

I just decided to register to this site after viewing some of the exchanges going on. It is great to see that the love for an automotive and historical icon has roots that can spark such heated debates. I personally do not own a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, but come from a family who has. The most rare car I ever owned was a souped up 8 series BMW. I have been blessed and lucky enough to share in experiences of owners who are family, friends, and have taken a few advanced driving courses for BMW and Porsche. The last great behind the wheel experience I had was in a 575M and the most rare car I ever got a ride in was a 959 Deluxe Porsche. I won't make any boasting, or maybe childish fantasy statements on how I have a garage full of Lambos and Ferraris without proof. I won't brag how much I am an expert driver. Like I state earlier, I come from a family with a great love and appriciation for cars. I can back any statements I make by citing experiences only the actual owners of the cars would know, ( not something you read about in magazines. ) I believe I have had some fun experiences around the Chicago area and would love to share, hear about, and just be part of the local Ferrari chat. Thanks everyone, its great to be here...
    RocketBoy

5. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Looking forward to getting out with all of you again this year, driving season is now one day closer

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board Rocketboy.

BTW: What's with the rocket in the name? High Power Rocketry by any chance?
    :)

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Tod. I will get one of those Motorsports Papers,like I gave you guys on our LSD drive,and post all of the weekly cruise nights,when they are updated and listed. There are certain Towns that have certain nights. Some are multiple,so we can Cruise through more than one,and Dazzle the Muscle car weary masses with our Bella Italian Auto's. For example; Elmhurst is usually Wed.nite. Westmont is Thurs nite. Downers Grove is Fri.nite. Lombard is Sat.nite. But,there are many more. I'll post them as sson as they are all in fot the season. Also,there are a few other Cruise night/Drive-in's. Strats,(2 locations),and Augustino's,and several more.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

The cruise night deal is more appealing to me. Instead of spending your Sunday in a parking lot you have dinner with your buddies.

Note to myself: Get that light switch fixed...

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I got the name RocketBoy about 5 or 6 years ago when I passed a slow moving car in Naples, Florida on a pair or rollerblades. During that time I recently blew out my knees playing hockey in college and had to rehab in SW Fla. As my confidence and strength slowly came back and as a measure to tell myself I was back on my way I jumped off the bike path and passed a slow moving Caddie. The elderly man thought my salute to he and his wife as I went by was pretty entertaining, rolled down the window, and jokingly yelled, " Slow down RocketBoy!" smiled and waved me on. Since then it has stuck because of my time racing my BMW around, taking the family cars to the limit and back, my recent pursuits back into hockey, and yes even shooting off rockets with some Motorola and computer programming friends and engineers. Its not all fun and games though, the name sticks because of my occupation in food sales (I work for a sugar company) and my efforts to reply to meetings and questions that arose during the customer meet as I am driving back to the office and/or beating brokers to contacts that would benefit the both of us...

But on a serious note and speaking of meets, do any of you attend the annual Midwest Ferrari Owners Club picnic in Park Ridge during the summer? It is run by the president of the Midwest chapter at his home.

Lake Forest Sports Cars had a silver F50 in the shop last time I checked. Do any of you go to their meets during the summer?

Also, any hints or tactics to keep a 575 and Merc SL55's engine fresh during the winter? All I have done so far was let them run for about 15 minutes twice every month. Have yet to take them out, keep the wheels moving and fresh, and with that move probably let them slide down the icy drive.

RocketBoy

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Mike Epifanio hosts a terrific event every year to which some of the FChatters here usually go. I have penciled it into my agenda for this year.

Lake Forest will have their new site inauguration party and again several of us are planning on being there. Me included.

I take my 308 out every two weeks to fully warm up and get all those good juices flowing. Yesterday was another one of these maintenance drives (see the President's day thread).

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Welcome,Rocketboy. The party that you are talking about at Mike's house is an FCA-Ferrari Club of America-event. We have now,just recently formed a Midwestern Branch of the FOC-Ferrari Owners Club-here in the Midwest to fill the void that was there.

I see it as a nice thing that can be done,IN ADDITION TO,all of the great events that The FCA does. Only,the slogan of the FOC is: "WE DRIVE". And,we will be focusing more on Driving events,as the FCA focuses more on Parking/Show type events. And,would like to encourage everyone to attend as many of both Clubs events that they can.

But,if you own a Ferrari,or plan to own one...or,Simply LOVE Ferrari's. There will now be plenty of great events to attend between the FCA and the FOC.

Chicago is very Fortunate enough to have 2 Authorized Ferrari dealers in the area. And,now will have 2 Ferrari Clubs in which to do things with their Ferrari. Or,see Ferrari's. Enjoy!!!!

12. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Hey Guys,

Just noticed, Our buddy at Double K is having his first car show on the 24th of this month. Seeing that some of us may be attending the detailing class at FVM that day, right after that, down the street is where our Double K guy will be at the Chevy dealer, i think we need to crash it after the detailing class and show up with a bunch of Exotics there... HAHA!! We'll put those Corvettes to shame..... :)

Took the baby out yesterday afternoon with the Top down... Nice..... I even Up'ed my insurance coverage on my car, i had it at driven under 5k/yr. I think we are going to do a lot more than that this year, better to be save than sorry. It only increased about $30 for 6 months to make it as a pleasure car rate..... :)

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I still see no cruise nights on the schedule. What gives?
    :(

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Andreas,

Why have formal cruise nights? Maybe just get a few together that you know want to go. Weather permitting, I wouldn't mind meeting some place in the northern/northwest burbs to go cruising. Or whoever feels like driving their Fcar around could all just meet and some hamburger joint a few warm nights, and if they still feel up to it after the snack, then go cruising. What do you think?

RocketBoy

15. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Downers Grove does Friday nights, and they're usually pretty good.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sounds all good to me, but there is a reason for why I'm so eager for the "official cruise night": That's another "Hotrod concours" and Bob and Tod went there last year and came back with nice trophies. It appears that we stand a better chance of winning at the night events than the daytime ones.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Running them for 15 minutes, a couple of times a month, is probably the worst thing to do. You're better off not starting them at all, than to do that.

Since I'm such a slow typist, it would take me forever to give a proper reply. Remember to ask me about it the next time we get together.

Skip

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    As soon as they come out. I will pick-up some copies of the Motorsport Paper that I gave some of you on our LSD Drive...Trip...?...:)

But,they Post all of the local Cruise Nights in the Area. And.most of the Local Car Shows....(Hooters,Double K,ETC...) I will post them here,when I get them.

Most Cruise Nights are the same every year...Elmhurst is on Wednesday Night... Westmont is Thursday Night... Downers Grove is Friiday Night... I think that Wheaton is,too... Lombard is Saturday Night.

But,you MUST get there Early (this applies to all of these Cruise Nights) if you want to Park,especially,If we want to Park all of our Ferrari's together...

And,if we all can't get together early enough to Park. We can meet somewhere,and Cruise through all in a Row...

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Frank!

Yes, please post those. My only dilemma is: Should I go there by myself to have no Ferrari competition or should I have a nice event with my F buddies and forget the trophy? Hmmm....

20. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Andreas,

They have a seperate page that shows their cruise nights. Those are different than their actual car shows.... http://doublekproductions.com/cruisenights.htm

The picture of that one time we crashed the show at Steak and Shake at Fox Valley mall is still in their photo album.. :) http://doublekproductions.com/pg20.jpg

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ahhh. Don't worry about any Trophies...we have that covered!...:)

Yes,a couple weeks ago,Junior and I were at the Dirt Bike Shop,and they usually have a stack of those papers on your way in,(or out) And,I grab one...a few. But,they didn't have any yet. I have some old ones from last year,so,I will give them a call,and ask them when they will be coming out. I am probably just going to Subscribe to it.

We ALL need to E-Mail "Double K Productions" and ask them if they can "Break Up" the extremely Vague,"Import" Class. Either by: "Asian Import" and "European Import",at the very least. And,maybe:"Pre 2000",and "Post 2000". I refuse to paint my car 7 different colors. Put dozens of Stickers and Decals on it. And,put some Chrome "22's" on it...:( NOS? Well,I've seen too many Crankshafts broken in 3 pieces,and Holes in oil pans to do it...:(

But,if we can get enough of us to contact them,maybe they will. But,we'd better do it soon,before they get started up...

I will gladly post all of the events that they have listed,here on FChat every month. Cruise Nights,which are usually the same night,week after week. And,any Car Shows.

They have Shows at alot of "Drive-Ins",too.

We can all just get together here a few days before,and coordinate ,Who,What,When and Where...:)

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good point. I just sent them an email to this regard. So please do the same, his address is:

[email protected]

I'd love to get us FChatters onto a cruise night next month. There is one on May 25 in West Chicago. I'll pencil that into my calendar.

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. I just sent Double K an E-Mail via their link that Tod posted. I didn't just come out and say."Hey,can you change the Classes so that we can win some Trophies".

I just mentioned that our cars get alot of attention wherever we go,especially on Drives. (Lots of "Thumbs Up"."Fingers pointing". "Heads Turning". And,young men risking life and limb...not just theirs...to weave in and out of Traffic to try to get up close and get a Look..."WHAT is THAT!!!???") And when we park all of our cars anywhere,it's an "Instant Car Show". Also,that we are planning on attending alot of Car Shows and Cruise Nights this year. And,judging from the reaction that our cars always get,would certainly "Add" to the "Draw".

And,that "we'd really like to Compete with other cars closer or similar in class as ours". So,could they make an "Asian Import",and "European Import" Class? (Right now,all they have is 1,"Import" Class)

And,or maybe a "Pre 2000 Import" class. And,a "Post 2000 Import" class. Maybe just the Asian/European will be enough,though...

Perhaps if more than just me (and Andreas) send an E-Mail to them,they may take it more into consideration...?

24. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Last year there were no classes at the Cruise Nights, only at the all day shows. At the cruises he picks the " winners " himself as rewards to people that show up

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah yes, I remember. What place was that again?