Feedback from a novice detailer | FerrariChat

Feedback from a novice detailer

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jim Riggs, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    #1 Jim Riggs, Apr 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When I picked up my 348 SS two months ago, I was a little disappointed about the condition of the seats, particularly the driver's seat and the trim around the hand brake. There was a dark substance in the grain that made them look old and almost cracking. Yesteday, I applied some Pinnacle Vinyl and Leather Cleaner to my seats and the trim area using an old toothbrush. I was quite pleased and surprised that I was able to remove almost all of the "dark substance" from the grain of the seats. See the pics below. I am sure that there are other good detail products out there. I am just sharing my experience. Cheers, Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Jim, thanks for sharing. Your seats look good. If you are still shopping products Leatherique works wonderfully well also.

3. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

WoW!! That looks absolutely immaculate! I can't even tell, there were any dark spots. Yea, at times when i send my car out to get it serviced, either the door panels or the aluminum centerpiece where my reverse toggle is at gets that dark stuff on it. Meguiar seems to make good interior cleaning products as exterior products. Just becareful not to scrub too hard w/the toothbrush. If Im not mistaking there are products that you can spray on and leave it on for like a copuple minutes and it will loosen the dirt and you can just wipe it off with a cloth. I think its made of natural citric acids and oils. Shoot, i forgot what it was called. I got it so long ago.

4. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Beautiful Interior Jim. What series Speciale do yo have? I have #9. I found the dark spots to be the melting goo that comes off the interior pieces. You touch it, you touch the interior, etc, etc.

5. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Too bad you weren't able to do a before and after. They look real clean now