2nd KT100 Kart...Holy smokes! | FerrariChat

2nd KT100 Kart...Holy smokes!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I bought a second sprint kart, an Invader with a KT100. This one has a tuned pipe, unlike my Tony Kart with the KT100 that has a can muffler..MY GOD! What a rush! Probably another 10-15MPH!...ART C. I still think you are nuts driving a 125cc shifter! Thats just too much speed!

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #2 wax, Nov 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Peter, where did you first start racing Karts? I would love to get into it, but here in central Arkansas, there are not any tracks that I know of.

Does anyone know if there are any Kart tracks/ leagues in Memphis?

4. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    :) Contact WKA World Karting Association in N.C. They are the biggest sanctioning body in the business. They have a Website

5. ART360

ART360 Guest

PeterS:

I was racing bikes. The cart is fast, but nothing, I mean nothing acclerates like a Ducati on steroids. Makes the Ferrari seem like a slug. Example: track day at Thunderhill: Ferrari: 2:15-2:20, F40, maybe 2:06, maybe. Suzuki GSXR1000: 1:55.

The cart is the closest I could get without the risk (I'm getting too old to get hurt again).

Art

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    What else do you need to get started in karting (aside from a kart)?

I've had several people tell me recently that to learn the principles of racing it's the best training. I've been looking around the past few days and see karts for a few grand... but I live in an apt in the city, which might be the clincher preventing me from doing it.

How much storage space do you need? A truck or van to haul it?

7. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    ART..No way for me on the bikes! I guess my Goldwing is for old farts! I swapped rides with a buddy a few months ago on his Honda 929CBR. While punching it from zero to 80 in about five seconds, I saw a great deal of my childhood I had forgotten about!