************.com? | FerrariChat

************.com?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sduke, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Has anyone on the board had any dealings with ************.com? I know they are a sponsor and that is one of the reasons I chose to do business with them.

I ordered an item in February and I have not heard a word from them since. I have sent 4 emails, PM'ed the owner, Jack Habits, from F-Chat, and attempted to phone, all with no results. No replies and the phone remains unanswered.

The email I received from them confirming my order was the last contact I have had with them. The order is over one month late in arriving.

I am beginning to feel I have been scammed. At the very least, I don't think much of their customer service. If anyone knows of another way to contact Mr Habits, please PM me.

thanks in advance

2. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    If you do a search these guys seem pretty reliable. Maybe they'll catch your post and respond so you get what you ordered.

3. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    I have ordered some stuff a while ago and I must say things went relatively quick, no problems at all. However, sometimes they don't answer emails (at least, it happened to me a couple of times). They always have a very nice selection of Ferrari related items for sale, but in my opinion just too expensive.
    Walk into a Ferrari dealership and you get the same brochures for one third of the cost... Don't know why they are charging more. Are prices in the US that much higher than in Europe??

4. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    i could be confusing them with someone else but I think they recently converted systems and were having problems

5. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I have had great success in ordering from them in the past on numerous occassions. Must be a glitch or something.

Stan

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I remember seeing posts on this company and for the same reason before on FChat. Maybe Rob can assist since they are a sponsor here.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this would appear to be the second major screwup that jack has had which has been brought to the board for help. i'd assume that there were others too (statistically speaking).

c'mon jack - what's the story? that's no way to run a lemonade stand. you can't charge those prices AND have bad customer service ;) ;) ;) ;)

doody.

8. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg

Yes, to let you know, myself and a friend have had a very similiar experience with ************.com, which prompted a thread on this board several months ago, as mentioned by Doody in this thread. The experience has prompted my friend to send personal E-mails to Rob and of course to Jack himself, but was just given the "defensive act", as ************.com had delivered for other people, or no response whatsoever. From my experience, this outfit/ lemon stand(as Doody calls it) leaves much to be desired in many catagories, especially customer service. In our case, there was several hundred's of dollars of items ordered, and we never got a response from ************.com or Jack himself, so like you, we thought -- crap, scammed !!! However, FOUR months later, the ordred items all of sudden appeared at the doorstep without an apology, note or explaination. Obviously, I WILL NOT use ************.com again. That operation must be in total internal chaos, IMHO.

9. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Thanks to all that replied. I am very disappointed to say the least. I don't think I am going to wait four months to see if ************ gets their sh#t together. I think the best way to go is to challenge the Mastercard charge and let the credit system put some pressure on them to contact me.

Does anyone have a better idea since they will not return my emails or answer the phone?

The part that really chaps my a$$ is that they are a sponsor here at F-Chat. Something about sh#tting where you eat comes immediately to mind. For me personally, I would recommend real caution when dealing with these people. Of course that is not entirely true. I recommend ignoring this bunch of disorganized idiots at all costs. But that is just my opinion.

10. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i was thinking about ordering some mags through them but you guys have prompted me not to. Thanks for letting us know about the problems

11. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I know they want $249.00 used for a parts manual the local F dealership has in stock, new, for $108.00 ......

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i have better

they wanted $20 for a forza issue that is avaliable through the publishers for $8

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    WAIT!!!!!! THIS JUST IN!!!!!!! DATELINE: HOUSTON TEXAS..........STOP

Hey man, chill!

I'm sitting here in my groovy Schumi signed ball cap that arrived last week with Certificate of Authenticity.

Jack Habits, I think is a one man show that obviously spends a lot of time on the road, gathering this stuff up. He can't very well answer the phone or emails if HE'S NOT HOME!

Sure, it takes a while, but I was slow in getting the prepayment to him, and then the cap took about 22 days to reach me. Geez, man. Not everybody's operating at Internet instant speed yet.

Especially my employees! HTH.

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ...and $500 for a book I have on the shelf.

Some things he has are very unique, and priced accordingly!

He'll answer this thread. He did last time. Maybe should be in "collectibles" section, though. That's where he posts.

Sorry for your difficulties with him.

15. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I also had a problem with them the one time I placed an order and documented this in the last thread about this topic. As a result of that thread, Jack and I exchanged a couple of pms about the issue. To make a long story short, he promised to research my order and get back to me about its status. I never heard from him again. Now I wonder if four months from now the item I ordered will show up at my door (an item I have since purchased elsewhere) and he will attempt to charge my credit card for it. I don't think he is a crook by any means, but he is horribly disorganized and his level of customer service just doesn't cut it in today's competitive world. He doesn't carry anything I need that I can't get from someone else.

Sorry to bash a sponsor, but the truth sometimes hurts.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jack is the one that got a new system earlier this year. Not sure what the delay is at the current time, might be as Speedy said that he's been on the road.

We did have a similar thread about an unhappy user a couple months ago. I had never heard anything but good things about ************ until then, so I tried to be balanced with handling both Jack and the user. The user ended up leaving FerrariChat.com over it. Jack came on the thread and I thought addressed everything, but I never did hear a follow up or any other complaints.

Sounds like you've had a bad experience too. I will contact Jack and point out this thread. I think he can address everything the best.

Thanks,
    rob

17. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D

Rob

Thank you very much for the aid. I can't imagine leaving F-Chat over a sponsor not taking care of business. I assure you I am not that upset.

I just wish Mr. Habits would respond to my emails or my PM. I hate the feeling that I might have been taken advantage of. I will give Mr. Habits every opportunity to contact me, but that offer is not open-ended. There must be a point where I have to take some kind of action to insure the return of my money. I would be happy to PM you my phone number if it is needed.

Thanks again.

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I have ordered from them and the transaction went flawlessly!

19. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Thanks to all of you who are as positive as always.

Here is the VERY short version:

We lost the domainname registration due to a clerical error on the side of Ferrari. The domain was registered by us back in 1999 and last month it was transferred to Ferrari by error. This meant that we lost control over the domain, including the email so none of Steven's previous emails were received until this very morning when we first had to sift through the 1000's of messages, 98% of the of course being spam.

In case you should doubt this, please go to http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml and run a search for ************.com.

You will see that the domain was re-registered on April 8, 2004 (by Ferrari) and transferred back to me a mere 3 days ago, on April 13, 2004. You can also verify that the re-registration was done in Italy, using register.it, a company that we don't use as we are not located in Italy. Only this morning did I receive the log-in data so that I could reset the email account.

On the display that still hasn't arrived:

These displays are WAY to big to be sent by mail (the parcels measure some 3 x 3 ft.) and have to go through a fowarder (as usual without ANY charge to the customer, WE pay for it). Apparently, the forwarder somehow decided to ship them by sea freight which is a VERY slow process and can take up to 3 months...

I have offered Steven to replace it free of charge and free shipping by courier which costs a fortune.... but... I repeat, free of charge to Steven...

You can probably imagine that this whole thing has kept us pretty busy and Rob Lay can probably verify that I have not accessed FerrariChat.com in ages.

On the prices that some of you mention... a parts manuals for example... dealers and distributors are NOT allowed to sell parts manuals, workshop manuals etc to non-authorized Ferrari entities BY DECREET OF THE FACTORY!

If a dealer has a "new" parts manual on the shelf that he is offering for $ 108.00 compared to our $ 249.00, he is first of all NOT ALLOWED to sell it... and second, the manuals that we sell for $ 249 are LONG sold out so he can only be "selling" a marparts reprint! So, thank you for comparing an original to a reprint!

If you find our brochures too expensive, simply check some other sites... brochures that we typically sell for US$ 49.99 with FREE shipping packaging & handling sell for $ 100.00 PLUS packing, shipping & handling from companies that are located within the USA.... So are we too expensive? I don't think so.

On the Forza: yes, $ 20.00 including FREE SHIPPING from Europe! They don't cost us less than $ 8.00 to source and we pay for the shipping, handling and packaging. Does that leave us something like $ 2.00 on the transaction? Maybe... and oh dear oh dear am I getting rich from that! And... if you know that you can get it for $ 8.00 from the publisher... do you want to go even lower than that AND get free shipping... WOW!

Jack

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #20 BigTex, Apr 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And my hat was very nice.... and a good price, compared to this side of the pond!

I put up a thanks post elsewhere on this site, but repeat it here!

Speedy"Sharp Dressed Man"308
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    I saw it Speedy!

Thanks a million!

Jack

22. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Mark, I assume you were looking for a parts manual for you car 81/82 308GTSi, which is part #95990236. I do show a list price of $108 as well.

Jack, in the US, they had no restriction of us (Dealers) selling part manuals to retail customers. But, every importer gets to set their own rules. Back in Oct or Nov of 2002, FNA sent out a list off all the Parts manuals that they still had in stock, and all US dealers had a chance to buy whatever they needed. We got 4 manuals at that time ourselves. Since then, we have not had a need for any, so I do not know if they are still avalible.

regards~

23. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Redhead,

I don't know what rules FNA makes themselves but I have been trying to buy such manuals (parts- and workshop-) for ages from Kroymans, the importer for The netherlands for ages but the standard answer is "we are not allowed to sell them to non-Ferrari-authorized entities".

According to them, they can only order such manuals for themselves and the number of authorized dealers that they have. When they order more than that, they get immediately questions from Italy....

Jack

24. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    I wanted to step up and thank Jack for getting in touch with me in regards to my order. Also thanks to Rob for helping me in alerting Jack to my complaint.

I am very happy with Jack's offer to ship me another display and I am thrilled that my Ferrari Display should soon find it's home in my garage. It is a much better feeling than I had yesterday.

Thanks Jack, Rob, and F-Chat

steven

25. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    Hello Jack,
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have had many dealings (bought and sold many items) without any problems at all. Hope things go a little smoother in the future.
    Regards,
    Terry Phillips