Leaving F-chat | FerrariChat

Leaving F-chat

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JaguarXJ6, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Hey all, its been fun. :) I'm at odds with the latest dealings with Allan and the changes that are coming, so its time for me to move on. I will check back in 6 months or a year to see if a tech archive has been developed. That has been the primary reason why I came here, I got well diverted along the way and hardly the right one to develop such an archive, its time to wander off for a good while.

Most of you know how to reach me, you either have my cell/home number or my two e-mail addresses:

[email protected] (forwards to my company Blackberry/cell) or [email protected]

Almost forgot messenger programs!
    MSN: [email protected]
    AIM: SunnyGarofalo

Time is also an issue, but its a small part. After posting, I'm voluntairly removing my profile, so don't respond here. Keep in touch and I will do the same!

Regards and best wishes,
    Sunny

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    WHAT????!!!!

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Well in case you check back, good luck with everything.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Sunny, question for you... It all the time that Allan has been on F-Chat, how many technical posts did he make?

Yeah, I know, you can say the same about Carbon. Truth is that the flame stuff gets old. I'll admit that Allan had some flare and passion. He just didn't know when to guit.

Dr "We'll leave the light on for ya" Tax

5. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Good Bye.

6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch

Hhhuuu??? Why Sunny, WHY!!!!! Hope its not a joke Sunny, will you still participate on the Drives???????

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Sunny is a man of strong conviction who voted with his feet!

DL

8. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Sunny,

I remember you from when I first joined....just a year ago and how things have changed.

Good luck, see you in a while.

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
  10. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sunny, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we don't want you to leave. Your posts have always been insightful and humorous. I agree with David wanting you to still participate in the FDC drives. We'd hate to loose you completely.

11. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
  12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Sunny - you didn't know Allan Lambo is a Moderator on one of F-Chat's Competitors?
    Don't feel bad - Rob and the Mods weren't informed until after the fact, either.

Think about it - that's why Allan did his damnedest to stink up the joint (reminder, it's called "trolling") - purposely get himself booted - gain "sympathy" in the process - thereby resulting in a few suckered Ferrarichatters such as yourself making announcements like this.

IMHO, recent actions such as Rules & Regulations, Removal of Posts which, to begin with, were arguably posted with intent to incite a flame-war are in place simply for one reason - to stop Trolling.

I'm sure you've noticed the long-present "Report Post" button by each post. It exists for a reason, but all the why's and wherefore's hadn't been explained so as to be able to simply remove trolls - hence Thread Closures, Post Removal announcements. In reality, there's no "censorship" for the sake of it, there may be nipping flame-wars in the bud, of which we'll see diminish in number not because of "fear" - rather because the board is truly free of the anti-hero actions of those who are hell-bent on stirring discord. Allan, again a Moderator on a competing site, was one such individual. That was done in the best interests of Ferrarichat - you, me and nearly 6,300 other members.

That's right - as of this writing, there's nearly 6,300 F-Chatters. Not all of them are "active." Ever wonder why some don't post? Because of the likes of Allan. Now the odds are much, much higher there will be a larger chorus of knowledgable F-Chatters sharing their insights, opinions, etc.

I, and quite obviously, others who've preceded me in this thread don't want you to miss out on this.

Bottom line is, you got sucker-punched by Allan and Ferrarichat-haters.
    If you quit, you've been fooled.
    If you stay, you're nobody's fool.

13. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    Sunny

Sorry to hear, enjoyed meeting you in CA and appreciate you driving me around out there. Don't be too hard on Rob.

Tom

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for the passenger seat ride buddy.

Hope to see you on future drives.

Take care!

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Sorry to hear, I thought you were a good memeber. However, I must say that I think you shouldn't do it, as it's quite pointless. The history of such resignations suggests that it's not going to have any effect and will be forgotten in a week. Don't leave.

What would General Fogleman do?

16. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Sunny-
    Was it cause and effect?? You take the passenger seat in my 575 and then quit the chat????? Was my driving that bad? (Notice I'm making this all about ME!)
    Quit not!

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    bye.

Search is the current method of accessing tech information. We have member articles located at Resources - Other. Anything else would require labor intensive manual work. I haven't decided if that's the best place to spend our limited resources of time and money considering what we already have.

I have commited to a FAQ though.

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Ciao amico ... buona fortuna!

19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sunny, don't be a martyr.

20. XJARGH!

XJARGH! Rookie

Feb 29, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sunny,

Don't be a GNFOS or we will Doria your ass!

21. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Tim, its a matter of principle, I know you relate to that and so does Dave who I've shared many a conversation offline with.

David, of course I will be on the drives! Are you kidding? Its what I live for.

Marty, your driving was awesome. You are a true artist behind the wheel, I still have a huge smile on my face! Your V12 singing at or near redline with a pull of the F1 paddle and the exhilaration (and acceleration) I've replayed countless times in my head.

Wax, a vast majority of those who don't post are not afraid of Allan and the like, they simply don't care if they noticed him at all. They stick to their sections or don't visit off topic very often. That leaves us with a minority of very active users who obviously can't take care of themselves. Play with fire, get burned. We all learned this at some point in our lives, correct?

What made me join F-chat was the friendships that I made. What kept me coming back was the off topic discussions, the flame wars, the bickering, and the entertainment.

Am I the only one who laughs and looks forward to Allan riping someone from shoulder to waist with his retorts or when Nibbles turns on the sarcasm full blast?

I don't log in from work or after a long day or on a weekend to see threads on which is the most reliable Ferrari or questions on what exhaust someone should get.

Since I've been here, F-chat went from having a lot of tolerance into an everyone has feelings chat board; offend someone, suffer reprisal. Thats the new policy. How droll.

I know its very difficult to avoid an internet bully. Who is it really that has a problem? Rob and the moderators will tell you its Allan. Some of you suspect, and I think I know, the real answer. Refer to my response to Wax.

I'm not leaving for Allan's sake. I'm leaving because I don't want to be a part of the minority I refer to. Get it? :)

Sunny

22. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Sunny,

Too bad you have to leave, this place is much better already without certain riff raff here. Although you couldn't quite stay away like you said could you? You're choice, but I'm quite happy with the new F-Chat direction :) No question that it's better to cut out the cancer. Wtg Rob!! Anyone else agree on an improved F-chat direction?

23. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I didn't realize until after I signed off that I only spoke with Tim, Dave, and Byron offline about this. The rest of my friends didn't have the benefit of an explanation. I think I made myself clear in my last reply. :)

Sunny

24. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I too feel Allan should have been warned at the very least.

25. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Well said wax - Lambo was a master troll bringing down Fchat. The forum is better without him and his doppelganger Mako.