warm up regulator | FerrariChat

warm up regulator

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by abarthracer, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    Can you guys help me diagnose a really bad cold start situation. I have checked my aav, that is working, the cs injector is working, now I am wondering about the wur. I see in the shop manual you need a pressure gauge and fittings to check. Is there another way? Plus the car cycles up and down the rpm range at idle. This is a 1985 Mondial QV with 22K miles. Thanks
    David

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11704&item=2393682833&rd=1

I don't think there is a way to get around the CIS tester. I saw one on ebay for $44.00. I am going to visit the tools shop first before I go to ebay.

3. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Hi David,

Have write-up on testing for 328 w/pictures - shoot me an email at [email protected] (files size is about 1MB for your inbox?). You will need the CIS tester kit. However, bear in mind multiple possibilities for irregular idle speed (can help more along these lines if you'd like).

:) Carl
    [email protected]

4. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    Yep- fuel pressure testing is one of the first steps in testing the entire fuel system- including the WUR. My car (308 QV) failed the first pressure test- so the WUR was replaced (after checking a few of the cheaper parts- like you have done) and all was well.

I actually had a warm start issue- not cold start. Also- my original WUR was the wrong one for my car, and the first one ordered to replace it was wrong also. The second one was the right one, and worked. So, there are at least 3 different WUR for a QV engine. I guess it depends on the vacuum connections.

Good Luck,
    John W.