348 Inside Door Handles Source? | FerrariChat

348 Inside Door Handles Source?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by MondialTCab, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    I am looking for a part number and possible source for both inside door handles on a 348. (Doing this for a buddy...apparantly his have worn down.) Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    JMG

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Looking through the parts book on the 348 i found the door handle #632964000 rh and #632965000. i can seem to find a part # or part for the actual part that moves to release the lock.

3. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If you cannot get any ,strip the old ones down to the metal and get them stove enameled in satin black, they will last longer than stock and look much better.

4. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    If your talking about the metal moving part, you shouldn't replace them. Just remove the sticky stuff and repaint. Better than new!

5. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Thanks...I will pass along.

6. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    For the FChat record if others are looking at a future date, the parts numbers according to FoS are as above minus one zero.

Thus #63296400 rh and #63296500 lh. As of this writing, price for in stock at the NJ warehouse is $515 each.

Thinking about th eother recent flurry of threads...this is what FChat was/is
    all about and why subscribing is worth the price.

- JMG

7. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Am I reading this right? An inside door release is $500?

8. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Errr, yes! Seems stiff but consider for a limited out of production car and figure the cost of them holding them. They certainly are not required to stock them at this point...

- JMG

9. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    The part numbers quoted in the two posts above are NOT for the inner door release levers (the part that gets gummy). These part numbers are for the leather-covered grab handles on the door panels.

The metal release handle/levers are 62158500 (left) and 62158400 (right), as shown in my 1994 parts book.