I AM ONE SICK PUPPY! | FerrariChat

I AM ONE SICK PUPPY!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    How many new cars has it been this month? Byron - Again - I apologize for spoiling your secret! Too bad you couldn't get back at me! :) Since I am sooo bad with secrets - it is time to spill some more beans!

I AM ONE SICK PUPPY because the YELLOW HOTTIE has a new BIG BROTHER!

Joining the yellow hottie next week will be another yellow hottie. Her name is "360 Modena 6-Speed." I could not resist. I have always liked the 360 - but not loved it. That all changed a few weeks ago when I was innocently surfing the internet and came across a tuner named Novitec Rosso. After seeing a picture of the new Novitec Rosso 360 Modena - I started to shake and shudder! It is the most beautiful 360 I had ever seen! Bottom line? I had to have one!

First order of business - find "Big Brother Yellow Hottie." As coincidence would have it one of my fellow offshore powerboat friends is also a Ferrari enthusiast. Unfortunately, he rarely attends any Ferrari gatherings. To make a long story short - I bought his car - the perfect car for me. A yellow 2000 360 Modena six speed. Do you know how hard it is to find a six speed 360?? It seems like nine out of 10 360s are F1.

He had told me he was planning to sell it this summer as he was going to replace it with a new '04 Spyder. He wasn't quite ready to part with it but I managed to convince him otherwise! ;)

BB Yellow Hottie is undergoing some minor upgrades as we speak - exhaust, Challenge grill, etc. The Novitec kit will have to wait a few months as it is being introduced to the U.S. market as we speak. Unfortunately, inventory is non existent at this time.

The attached pics are NOT my car but it is what I HOPE my car will one day look like - in yellow of course (and minus the rear wing)! It is the new Novitec 360. I know. The purists are going to cringe! Not a problem - they can cringe while I rejoice!

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That's awesome Jeffery - Can't wait to meet "big brother." :)

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Jerry - I can't wait to meet 328's big brother!! Bring him home!!

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    you sick puppy!!!

hey, don't worry about spilling the beans on my car... did me a favor, anyhow! ;) Wow, congratulations, J! I love the 360 - maybe one day I can buy me one in black/black!

When is BB yellow hottie due in?

B.

Here is a peek of the one I like...hehe... sweet!

5. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Congrats Jeffrey!!!! Can't wait to see it. Just don't neglect the little brother. Congrats again, now that makes 4 recently purchased fcars, Jordan, you next? :)

Congrats again,
    -David

6. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Jeffery, congratulations. I just read about that conversion in the current FORZA and "PURISTS BE DAMNED!!! We're talking 600+HP!!!"

Enjoy your new baby

7. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Me likey

8. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congratulations - love the 355 in yellow as was my very first F-car drive (spider). 360 with the Novitec pieces I think is awesome and I am with you purist-wise.

Just wondering if leaving off the rear spoiler is a problem aerodynamically? I have been looking at the Porsche aero kit for the Boxster S and they seem to recommend the whole enchilada, which I am assuming (apart from the $$$ aspect) has to do with it being designed to all work together.

I guess when you have it done, just run it up to like 165 or 170 or so and if the back end starts to get light you will know you should have got the wing!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Congratulations Jerry!! I cant wait to see hte car in person...especially with the kit on!

10. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    NICE! I'm sure the car will be awesome when you finish it if not already!

11. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I wouldn't consider you a SICK PUPPY at all...........Seriously ILL...Yes......But SICK NO!!.........Nice to see the Ferrari ILLNESS perpetuated in another asian brother!!..........Well Done Jeffrey!!

12. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Congrats -- and good job choosing the right color! Can't wait to see it!

13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!
    Couldn't resist huh! It is a sickness. Congratulations. That car in stick is Awesome. I'm a big fan of 6 speed, but we tend to get the F1's every time. (resale value). That Novitec kit is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it.

14. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats!! Yellow Modena = yummy

15. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks guys! You're making my sickness feel much better! :)

Byron - That black 360 has the full Hamann kit on it. I love it as well. I was considering that kit as well but decided to go with the Novitec design after reading about the car and seeing their press photos.

Both designs are awesome. Something different. The three things I am not crazy about are the rear wing (which Kevin accurately points out may be necessary), the rear grill, and the darkened tail lights. I am leaving the factory tail lights, installing a Challenge grill, and foregoing the wing (until common sense at 160+ tells me otherwise :)). The Novitec exhaust (made by Capristo) is going on, the underside rear diffusers are being painted, and I am waiting for a call back from a contact in Europe about getting me a kit from there rather than waiting for the U.S. distributorship to get their inventory.

I have NO patience!! Anyway, that is my tale for now. I LOVE yellow Ferraris! Right Jeremy?

16. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just got home - sounds like a good call re: the rear grille - Challenge will be nicer.

Can't wait to see it!!

Cheers
    Kevin

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I know it gets confusing with all the excitement here in So Cal - But this is Jeffrey's car! lol

18. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Ha ha! Armen ... no kidding! Here I was innocently surfing the web. Rampant and fleeting thoughts of MAYBE buying a 360 one of these days. And BAAAM! I click on Novitec's website and it was all over!! Hook, line and sinker!

19. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Jordan - Jerry's right. Let's get it straight!!

Jerry = BLUE!
    Jeffrey = YELLOW!
    Armen = RED!

You got that?!

20. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    AHH!! Im sorry, but I meant you, Jeffrey! Im a little bit distracted with Jerry's latest post :)

21. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    sick.....cant wait to see it. Congrats
    d

22. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    By pure coincidence another F-chat member has a post in the General Discussion section about the Novitec Rosso car. Aside from most of you - friends here in SoCal - those other members are lambasting the car!! It is quite amusing. Some are saying it looks "ricey" to them - like a rice rocket. As I said in my original post - the purists are going to cringe! They are definately doing so in that thread!! Ha ha! :)

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13959

23. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Jeffrey

I love the yellow 360 idea!! Congrats man. Don't worry about the purists, you have great taste, I know your car will look fab!

By the way this will be a sister to the other yellow hottie, since you said this is a hottie too.

I don't like male hotties. So lets call them Jeffrey's hot sluts :D

24. Fiercsm

Fiercsm Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Hey Jeffrey,

You are indeed one sick puppy! But at least you're one with great taste! Can't wait to see and hear the 360. We definitely need to do a "celebration of everyone's new Ferrari" drive soon.

Let the sickness continue and perhaps be passed around more...

Cheers,

Edward

25. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Don't forget...

Byron = GREY! :)