Black 348 Spyder? Red 348 Spyder - History? | FerrariChat

Black 348 Spyder? Red 348 Spyder - History?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 996, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Hey...there's a black 1994 348 Spyder at Grand Touring going for $116K, and a red/tan 1994 348 Spyder at Autoforum for $122K. Are these/were these owned by anyone on the list here?
    Anyone know the history of these cars?
    I checked out 1994 348 Spyders in the US, and with the conversion, they're only about $90K...so you think these are overpriced?

2. evansp60

evansp60 Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ont. CANADA
    Don't forget to add 6% duty and about 15K for the bumper conversion when you bring them into the country.

3. Avia1

Avia1 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    99 996 coupe with 66km at $62K... ;-)

What kind of Ferrari are you looking for and maybe I can help you out.

Regards

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I don't know, but they seem to be way overpriced, seeing you can get a 355 spider for 100-125k.

5. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    There's also a red on black 348 spider at Urban Garage - $68k USD with higher miles:
    http://www.urbangarage.com/cars.asp?Category=TUGN

VancouverSEI.com had a 348 spider that was asking price $98k CDA but was a yellow lease return. It disappeared pretty quick last fall.

I've heard rumours of some cars being more easily converted with some agressive practices. Rumour has it that the 355 "Canadian" bumper has the same part # as the US bumper?, so possibly a removal, picture ID of the "new" Canadian bumper going on, and you'd be ok. Takes a stronger stomach than mine though to risk the investment. But seems to me the 348 spider's aren't importable into Canada at all - the mechanical seatbelts were a no-no I think? I personally wouldn't risk this in Vancouver but perhaps an Albertan colleague could assist, they seem to have a different approach to rules as being mere suggestions compared to Vancouver.

I'd call $122k full-price and have heard of 355 spiders within 20% or so.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

6. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    So I guess you know who I am...or at least know I'm selling my 996 to get an F-car. I've already sold my Lotus last year...but man these F-cars are expensive.

Do you work for one of the local dealers...e-mail me personally and we can chat. I've been looking for over a year...but I'm patient....it's gotta be the right one...at the right value (not necessarily price).

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    the 348 at autoforum needs the full service and set of tiers. The interior is very nice and the paint looks really good. I have yet to put the var on the hoist for a full inspection but maybe doing so this week.

I have a friend who wants out of his 348 spider e-mail me and i will give you the details

Tom

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    There are a few cars out there. I know of two nice 348 Spyders available, one is probably one of the cars you've seen in the autotrader Black on Tan??? I can help you get a great deal on this one.

And last but DEFINETLY NOT least I have a friend of a friend who has this red/tan low KM spyder POSSIBLY sale. It was for sale a year ago so I would have to check to see if it still is around. I knew the car well. At the time we bought it from Ferrari Of Ontario and sold it to the gentleman and has pretty much been sitting since.

This car is perfect! But you would definetly have to get a guy like our friend Tom (tbakowsky) to take a look at it. Enjoy the picture I took of it last year. I only drove it around the block (too bad) but this car runs nice. Email me if you are interedted 996.

Good luck shopping

9. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Where can you get a 355 Spyder for $100-125K? Is that in US funds in the US?...or did you mean you know of some in Canada? I'm all ears!

10. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

you can get 355 spider from the us for about 125k cdn.......I have seen a 95 yellow 355 spider for 140 cdn in canada

on that note......did anyone else see that 91 348tb a year ago in the buysell....the guy was asking 59,000 cdn

11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ku__ is that you man??? I could be wrong? ;-)