New Here | FerrariChat

New Here

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Alex_V, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hey all, I am new to these boards, and even though I'm no Ferrari owner (infact im only 15) i am already in love with Ferraris. Since this is the Rocky mountain board I figured I wil lpost here the most since I may actually see some of your Ferraris. I live right near the Glauser Mercedes-Benz dealer if anyone knows where that is. Anyways I just wanted to say hello, maybe get to know some of you guys so we can talk Ferrari.

The reason I registered is because of the track day at PPIR this year, I have seen it posted that it will be on May 8th, and have seen some photos on other websites that sho what cars attend and seeing those sold me on driving about 2 hours down there just too watch. So could somebody maybe give me some info on this day? It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    SWelcome Alex,
    We should have over 80 cars that week end. From all brands and race cars too.
    I will do a school on Saturday but the track will be open to all by group.
    You will have fun that week end.
    I'll bring my F40LM but other Ferrari will be around (348 IMSA -F40 -360 etc..)
    Come down and stop by to say hello
    take care,
    Roland
    F40LM

3. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Awsome! I cant belive I'm talking to an F40 LM owner, I feel almost star struck as weird and nerdy as it sounds. Thanks a lot for the info, we'll have to talk more and then maybe meet up at that track day, do you know if theres any ride along type deals going on? That would so fun if there is. Thanks for the information and welcome by the way.

4. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    If you ask nicely, many drivers would do it if they have not a passenger.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Then there's the big BBQ!

Keep your eyes peeled for more details in this section, and General Discussion.

Welcome.

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Speedy, you have to be a member for that, I believe.

7. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    Alex,

It's definitely worth the drive down there if you like exotic sportscars. I know I'll be there.

If you want a ride around the track, Roland's suggestion is a good one - just ask nicely. It helps if you are able to bring your own helmet although there may be ones you can borrow too. Also, I can't remember how strict the organizers are about safety, however it's not a bad idea to wear cotton and make sure you don't have any skin exposed.

8. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Safety is a very important issue for us and we are requiring helmets and coton cloth and long sleeves for the "slow" group.For the others, race suit are a MUST.
    No shorts or other fantasy clothing except for the girls...hehehehe
    Helmets will be available for a small rental fee, in the past, this was free but to many lids didn't come back...
    For registration, call Leslie Howard at 303/659-9291
    Roland
    F40LM

9. vsnqust

vsnqust Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Next to roland
    Nothing like a little rock and roll to hold the curves.. of course it does hurt to have roland telling you to brake... shift.. turn... hit the pits...

10. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow, thanks for all the information, yea, I will definetly be down there on may 8th, I cant wait to hear and see all those Ferraris on the track, sure am glad I found out about this!

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Tim, I might head down there to look on Sunday. Let me know if you want to head down together. They won't let me take the Ducati and I don't really want to drive the 355 at PPIR so I will probably just be a passenger for the day.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Just out of curiosoty, why dont you want to take the 355 down there?

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Because as nice as Ferraris are on the track, I have been spoiled by having several vehicles in my garage that are specifically made for kicking butt on the track. The Ferrari is fantastic and all but it's still a street car. As a result, I prefer to use it in the environment for which is was made: fast, well-paved back roads and canyon roads. In those places, the car just crushes anything else out there.

Roland doesn't even have a street only F40. He converted it to LM spec so that it could really be a track car. Even a stock F40 has its limitations on the track.

This doesn't mean that you shouldn't use a Ferrari on the track, but it's just that it's not as much fun for me as I am used to being on the track with some more track-oriented vehicles.

I will probably drive my Ferrari to the track, though.

14. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    O ok, i get you now, that does make sense, and I cant wait until the day i own my Ferrari (which WILL happen), when i too, will go onto some untraveled backroad and have some unforgetable driving expierences :)

15. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    Ryan,

Thanks for the offer! But I'm planning to take the Caterham down on Friday and then stay for the weekend.

I hope you consider turning a few laps with the 355. I'd love to see (and hear) it on the track!

BTW, if you're coming down to spectate, I've noticed at past events that the turn out is usually better on Saturday vs. Sunday.

16. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Tim; I do believe you're staying up way too late. I hope that your valuable clients are not being charged for sleep deprivation. I am planning on heading down there on Friday as well. Let me know so I can book something.
    Throttle On!

17. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy friends,
    I'm glad to see that you're getting in the mood for the first track event. I'm already in the mood since I'll have 4 events behing me. But this one is very important because this will be the # 1 for the LM this year...
    Check La Quinta for hotel, it's nice and OK price wise.. The motel 8 inFountain isn't bad at all, but you'll be away from all the fun in the evening when we all get together to grab a biteand tell lies how fast we were !!!!
    Look forward to see you all in a few week. Caruso, I'll see you in a few days with an F40 from Canada...
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

18. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    up date,
    Leslie just called, La Quinta is full on Friday, so we are in Fountain..Closer to the track be away from better food...
    We are working on a Ferrari only event in the Fall...Stay tunes
    Roland
    F40LM

19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Tim,
    That good to here that you will be there in the Super. I have to work on Saturday so I will only be able to come down on Sunday. Fear not, at some point we'll get together for an impromptu fun session and you will get to hear and see the 355 from somewhere other than the drivers seat (for a change). We'll have to plan a jaunt where you can bring the Caterham.