Reaction to Rice's Testimony | FerrariChat

Reaction to Rice's Testimony

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by whart, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I did not get to watch the testimony (i'm sure i'll see clips on the news, as i've seen excerpts presented on various media websites), but for informational purposes (and since i "appreciate" the various political bents of contributors here), just curious as to reactions from those that did see and hear her....

2. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Honest, direct, on point, no BS was my view. She is one smart individual. The attempts by Ben Veniste and others to "get her" (and his tiresome interruptions) weaken the credibilty of the panel.

I saw Lee Hamilton and the Republican (can't remember his name) on Meet the Press last Sunday and was very impressed with their impartiality and sense of mission so I think the panel's leadership will, eventually, come up with findings that help the country.

The media (and Clarke's) attempts to use this to smear Bush and glorify themselves sicken me. I'm not really a Bush supporter but believe he, Condi and Powell have done (and did) far more to combat terrorism than Clinton ever did or Gore ever would have. Clarke is a self serving loser IMO.

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    whart - check out these three columns. Good reviews of the day's events. She's an impressive woman.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0409/p01s01-uspo.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-3955295,00.html

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040408.w4rice0408/BNStory/International/

4. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    It really sucks that members of the investigative committee made it clear they were, "out to get" Rice and the administration. Clearly, members of this committee made up their minds about what they thought before she ever appeared to testify.

That significantly undermines the credibility of this committtee.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Exactly, this is a kangaroo court, so sorry for all the libs out to get her that there is NOTHING TO GET!! Said it before, election year dirty politics.

6. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Totally a partisan grandstand play by the dems on the panel to find something that isn't there.

She handled herself very capably, did not allow them to bully her and overall, came across as the class act in the crowd.

John

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    condi for prez in '08 !!!!

8. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

thats one sharp woman, were looking at the next president in 2008

9. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    hahaah, yea I think she would make a GREAT presidential candidate. I really thought Cheney would decide to step down for health reasons for 04 and Condi looked to be the prime candidate for VP. Who knows how it'll turn out. Back on topic though, I just heard her intro but I thought she did very well.

10. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    I like the way it appears no-one is every going to admit to anything. The US has had serious problems with those who don't like your foreign policy since at least the Lebanon bombing in '83. 18 years of CIA and FBI intel amounted to zero. She never directly answered a single question that was asked of her and constantly attempted to answer questions that the panel weren't interested in knowing about. Her initial statement stated that the country needs to rid itself of terrorism and basically appeared to be a bunch of patriotic rubbish.

It still amazes me that the would-be pilots were spending months in the US trying to learn how to fly a commercial jet straight and level at low altitude, they were known to have ties with those sought for the World Trade Center bombing in the early 90's, they had stated they would attempt to hijack an airliner to do exactly what they ended up doing and they were so strange as students that the flight school complained to the FBI.

And apparently there is no-one in the structure of the US Govt willing to take any of the blame for the events that unfolded. Overnight nothing changed post September 11, that would show disrespect for the hundreds who died in attacks in decades previous and conveniently cover up glaring inadaquacies.

I certainly didn't come away from her testamony thinking the terrorists needed to be blessed with a great degree of intelligence or cunning to achieve what they did.

11. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    i think she was evasive.

12. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Yes i agree she is a smart woman, but how do we really know she is telling all she knows? The actual truth? It sounds like she is a hand puppet to bush jr. Similiar answers to everything with no concrete facts. One point is she says the heard chatter and were notified but says it was still impossible to stop. HOw can she say it was impossible, no one tried anything.

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Bottom line: BOTH her and "Tricky" Dick Clarke said the SAME thing. There is nothing that COULD have been done during the first 8 months of the Bush admin. to prevent the attacks. PERIOD, sorry libs, no flames, no smoke, not even a smolder. However, I really enjoyed when that piece of **** Ben Venista tried to play tough guy with her, she told him to stuff it *******!!

BUSH/CHENEY WIN IN '04

14. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    So every time a new Admin comes into power the intelligence service burns everything they've got and starts again?

15. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Damn she was fun to watch. Always interesting when smart and not so arrogant people tangle with idiots. She is probably too smart to run for President. Agree with the current policies or not, she showed why Bush picked her in the first place...to paraphrase Good Will Hunting..."the girl is wicked smart."

Of course, peruse the news channels and catch the snippets they present and it will be clear where each network stands on the election and the policies.

- JMG

Remember, never argue with idiots, they bring down to their level and beat you with experience.

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    For some reason I find her voice very annoying. I thought that as a witness, she volunteered too much information. Only answer what you are asked and don't say anymore bull because they will just ask you more questions.

17. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    There is nothing scarier to the Democrats, than an intelligent, articulate, conservative black woman. Condi did a superb job in the arena today. She was always composed, professional and to the point. The initimidation games that were played didn't phase her one bit.

Amazingly this panel refuses to examine Clinton's mistakes with Bin Laden. It is very sad to see how the liberals are politcizing everything in sight. I believe that it is a sign that they are very desperate, and that there is a very good chance that the conservatives will control the House, Senate and the executive office.

18. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I was disapointed She did not apologize to the victims of 9/11.
    Apologize for not getting rid off all the clinton garbage asap after taking the White House.(clark and other pis like him)
    Bush adm had no proper transition ,remember how clinton refused to cooperate and his minions damaged all the computers in the White House?
    How could they track anything or come up with any sensible strategies in those few months???
    Let's be real !

19. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Im not a liberal and how is it just a liberal agenda? Its the whole countries agenda. This is not about republicans and democrats period. People need to open there minds and not make it about that. Its about the truth and I find it disturbing in 8 months everyone says oh we couldnt do anythign about it! Thats amazing no one could track anyone down, even the people learning how to fly? And lets not forget Bush jr. during that first 8 months had taken more vacation before 9/11 than any president in there first year of office .
    ya he's a workaholic.....

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Mark my words:

The presidential nominees in 2008 will be:

Hillary Clinton

Condoleeza Rice

I can't wait to see all the conventional wisdom pundits implode...

21. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    I think it's safe to say that today Rice stuck a rod in the gears of the Democratic Political Machine :) Well done

Someone of her stature certainly deserves a run for Presidential candidacy come '08. I find it hard to imagine the Dems could anty up someone like her to compete. Oh wait.......there is Hillary Rodham.......hahahahha

22. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Wait....you forgot about Al Gore!!

LOL

23. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dave:

Do you really think that this country will have two women on top of both tickets? I suspect not. They may both run, but Rice will be #2 for the republicans. Their too conservative to run a woman as of yet. However, of all the canidates the conservatives could run, she's probably the brightest.

I thought her testimony evasive, and would have paid quite a bit of money to get her on examination for 30 - 40 minutes with someone who'd make her answer the questions.

Bottom line: she and her friends have gotten us into trouble in Iraq, and we've apparently missed that point. Barnum had it right, only he should have been talking about voters.

Art

24. ART360

ART360 Guest

25. NY Joe 360

NY Joe 360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Joe