Post your action pictures or videos. | FerrariChat

Post your action pictures or videos.

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by SSpray, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSpray

SSpray Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    CA, FL & TX, USA
    Full Name:
    R.M.R.
    Burnouts.
    Donuts.
    And other tire smoking fun.

Post away.

-cheers.

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but...

It's one thing to drive fast on a deserted country road in Montana or in an empty parking lot. It's quite another thing to drive like that in a metropolitan area with other people on the streets. My family uses those streets too -- and whether they're driving a minivan or a Ferrari, they don't deserve to get killed by irresponsibile street racers. With all the power, comes great responsibility. Do us a favor, remove the post and promote TRACK activities instead. This is a perfect example of what happens when mistakes occur at high speed: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200575&postcount=60

And before a flame war erupts, I ask this community to consider what it's really like to lose a loved one in a car accident caused by irresponsible behavior.

-Daniel

4. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    It doesnt need to be removed, you got your opinion out there and we need to respect it. But I think Jimmy knows what hes doing.

5. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm doubt want this to turn into a thread where we debate street racers, there's enough of that. But you could be MS himself and a stupid driver elsewhere can cause the accident.

6. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I understand wheres hes coming from. Theres thousands of crashes everyday from street races.

7. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
  8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

9. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    You mean the Porsche that I passed right before the corkscrew :)

This was a 90db day so the Radical engine was restricted. Also I had to lift at turn 5 near the sound station.

AW

10. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    AW,

Could you post some pics of the SR3? They're beautiful!!! Mini-333SP if ya ask me. :)

Jason-

11. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
  12. SSpray

SSpray Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    CA, FL & TX, USA
    Full Name:
    R.M.R.
  13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    great video, acw. I found it quite interesting, with such a small car, you can really get into turn two a lot quicker than a full sized car.

at a track event a few years ago, the S2000's got together there for the national event. in looking at speeds with different methods, those cars would get down the straight, heading for 3, a lot faster if they took a single-late apex for two. the double-apex works very well, but some loss of speed & time.

thanks for sharing! if you have any more from other tracks, please post them up!

14. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    In term of size (wheel base) the radical is quite similar to an S2K. However, the radical is a lot lighter 1080lbs and on slicks. That makes a huge difference in corners.

The double apex line is necessary when racing. If you single apex turn 2 in a race, you'll get passed every lap :)

AW

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    good point on the racing line. something I don't think about too often participating in DE's. =)