How many F are there in Vancouver? | FerrariChat

How many F are there in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Reds, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Does anyone know how many Ferrari are there in Vancouver?

2. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Rough guess: 50-60. Probably over 100 if you include cars on Vancouver Island and the Okanagan.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

I know there is one less red 1995 355 Coupe that I bought from Vancouver then sent to Montreal almost 2 years ago. *sigh* Sorry guys. I will just simply have to make it up by selling lots of cars back to Vancouver! ;-) We have a few here in Toronto that arent movin'.

How is that for a business proposal? You in Peter??? hehehe

Vasco.R

4. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I would probably say there are about 80 ferraris in the lower mainland.......I think there are alot less vipers in vancouver then ferraris

5. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    seems low. I've been looking for an Fcar for 6-8 months now and have probably come across 20 without attending any meets or much travel.

Seems like there's quite a few parked deep in garages rarely to emerge. Daytona's, BBi's, Dino's, I'd guess I've only seen or heard about max 10%.

BJ would have 6-8 on their floor in the garage years back - have to think only a few % of cars would be there at any one time - except for the 355 rental that was always being repaired of course.

I'm not sure where the Viper's went, used to see one or two every weekend back around 2000/2001, now see one on the road once a quarter or so. Replaced by 740i's and S500's :-(

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

True LOL. Reminds me of my client, he wants to trade in his Vette Z06 for a 740il :) go figure. As for the Viper's, most of them get wrecked because .......... they just do.

Have you guys visited www.wreckedexotics.com I see a few new wrecked Vipers there every month. Not a good thing.

Cheers from Toronto!

Vasco.R

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    My guess is closer to 200, based on all the random numbers of Ferraris I have seen zipping around the lower mainland.....

Think of this; the average dealer sells 15-20 new Ferraris each year. Then figure all the existing ones, and the ones purchased and brought into the province (granted some leave). With all the affluence in Richmond and Vancouver, there has got to be more than 100 Ferraris....how would a dealer stay in business?

Of course I could be completely wrong about this... :)

Dave

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    You have a point there Dave about there could be more out there. I've noticed that as many exotic, classic and other kinds of neat cars out there on the road and at shows, there's probably another five of each, either under cover in the garage, under restoration, or simply just parked and neglected... Just based on some of the people I've met through the car clubs here.

Now, if only I could find that proverbial "Ferrari-in-barn"...

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey Canadians! Come join us Americans for some lunch at the Resort at Semiahmoo (http://www.semiahmoo.com/contact_map.asp). We are all driving up from Seattle, and expect to arrive around 11:30am. One of our members is planning to drive his F40!

The more Ferraris the better! We will try and arrange all the cars in the parking lot for a picture. Americans and Canadians, sharing in the Ferrari passion,....can you feel the love? :)

Watch out for the border traffic at that hour and give yourselves plenty of time, I would say at least an hour from Vancouver, perhaps a bit more. Check here before you leave: http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/ ....Pacific Highway is usually the quicker of the two...listen to 1130am on your radio for updates every 10 minutes.

See you all there!

Dave

10. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Hi guys,

From Vancouver Island:

Well, I know of one 1969 red/black Daytona coupe, black 512BBI, yellow/black 1986 TR, black/black 1988 TR (my old old), and a black 360 Modena, and red 308 GTSI.

As for Vipers, I've seen one red and one blue coupe.

At the silverarrow dealer there's a yellow (with 2 black stripes) viper and a 1995 yellow/black 355 coupe

Lawrence.

11. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Nice hearing from you again Lawrence.

Any progress on your next Ferrari? You'll have to find one soon, as it seems Dave Handa wants us to beat them in respect to attendance at the Father's Day show. We're all counting on you to bump up the number! :)

12. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Thanks Peter!

It's been awhile but with a new baby I have little time. At this time I'm looking to purchase a minivan (family) and a new Mazda 3 (daily work) in the next couple of weeks so a new Ferrari is a little bit down the road, sigh*

I don't think I'll make it to the father's day event this year but give my greetings to the rest of the gang!

Lawrence