HELP! window regulator for the 360 Modena | FerrariChat

HELP! window regulator for the 360 Modena

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by axis007, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. axis007

axis007 Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    Does anyone out there have any experince on replacing or repairing the window regulator onthe 360 Modena, my car is out or warranty and the window does not seal tight after the door is closed. Hence I have some wind noise at high speed. as you know the window drops about an inch when the door is open and close it to a tight seal as the door is closed. Does any one have any experince in installing a replacement unit or the cost associate to it. I heard the window regulator is well over $1,000.00 (ouch) please help!

or I can drive with the window roll down all the time!

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    If I had the coin for a 360, I wouldnt complain about a G note for a window repair. You know what they say, if you can afford the car, you can afford to fix it.

3. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I don't blame you for not wanting to drop a grand on a fix for that. I'd call around to an independant and see what they can do. There are shops around with wrecks that I'm sure would replace it with one for at least half. Finding a shop like that is in your best interest as your car is out of warranty.

4. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Axis007, I had the same problem on my 99 360 and had it fixed at an independent ferrari only shop(NJB in westerville, ohio 614-891-5678 they advertise in the FCA news bulletin )for minimal expense. Not $1000, typical dealership pricing.LOL

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Time to anti-up bro. You bought an expensive car. Now it's time to pay the expensive prices. But you maybe surprized. It could be just a minor adjustment required that will only cost a couple of hundred bucks. But you'll never know unless to take it in to have it looked at.

6. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    While I am not familiar with the 360, my MB 320 SL does the same thing.........window opens about 1/2 inch, as the door is opened.........then closes as the door is shut. I may be wrong, but my assumption would be some timing relay that is defective, thus not signaling to the window motor to open/close, rather than the window motor. This should be cheaper than replacing the window motor.

This is just a logical guess.

7. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    the windows are actually controlled by an ECU and you need to have an SD2 shop computer to actually do any sensible diagnostic/repair work

not sure what exact problem you have – does the window not close all the way up or do you have only noise problems at high speed – at speed over 130km/h with windows closed the ECU will trigger small movements of the window to keep them closed

the difference between upper limit & pre-set lower limit (if door is opened) = 22mm - if the pre-set limit is not reached the window will not close (reach upper limit), i.e. the automatic will not be activated if the window is positioned below the pre-set position - you might want to check/play with this

window position is controlled by a micro switch – the switch might be out of alignment – I would let the F dealer diagnose it and work from there

8. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I would try this first