Anyone know this 355, possible good deal? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 355, possible good deal?

Discussion in '348/355' started by JSL, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
  2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
  3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Anyone notice? anything odd about? the descri?ption? of this? car??

eCarLink is proud to offer one of the finest performance vehicles ever conceived ? this is the 1996 Ferrari 355 GTS. With a flawless and the ONLY way to have a Ferrari - Red exterior accented by stunning Tan leather, this 355 is an absolute ?show-stopper? whether parked or cruising at 180 mph. This is a LOCAL, DALLAS OWNED (1 OWNER) and DRIVEN - PERFECT Ferrari! FULLY SERVICED BY FERARRI OF DALLAS! NO PAINTWORK!!! SHOWROOM CONDITION - This car is excellent condition inside and out and promises to be an amazing addition to the most discerning car enthusiast?s collection. This is a true "rare" specimen w/ gentle miles (27k). Our BuyItNow price of $71,888 makes this the absolute best deal on a pristine 355 GTS with an excellent color combination anywhere. THIS IS NOT ONE TO MISS! eCarLink fully welcomes pre-buy inspections and looks forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to contact us 7 days per week via phone (214.914.4397) or email (sales @ecarlink.com) with any questions. Our ?Buy it Now? price is the same as our reserve ? SO BUYNOW WITH CONFIDENCE. We provide free airport pick-up from both Dallas Love Field and DFW International Airport ? we also can arrange low cost shipping directly to your door. Thank you for visiting another eCarLink auction exclusively on eBay.

4. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    If the timing belt service etc was done and the PPI checks out, I think $70,000 is a fair price if you really like and want a GTS. That is certainly not a steal or a wholesale price IMHO.

5. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    What is the current wholesale?

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think it looks good - no paintwork, only one owner, maintained by a dealer. I always thought 355s were still in the 90K-100K range, but I may be wrong. Berlinettas are less, I guess.

7. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    After talking to F car dealers this year, if you took that car to a F dealer, they would give you $50,000 to $55,000 for this car. I have a 1996 spider 20,000 miles all services and wholesale to a F dealer was $55,000 to $60,000 about five months ago. The difference between wholesale and fair retail is about $20,000 +/- for 355 cars IMHO. Reason I called, I am on "the 360 spider list" and was curious what my car was worth. When my number comes up. I will try to sell it on the open market at a fair price. Fair price defined as somewhare between wholesale and the "crazy asking prices" that I don't think anybody is paying.

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Buy It Now price = $71,888...

Looks good aside from the fact that the shields are placed about 5" too low...

-R

9. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Clearly needs a class in remedial HTML coding.

Gary

10. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Most dealers that I have worked with get about a $5K to $10K markup on cars they take in on trade. I just sold my 1995 355B and was offered as much as $75K on an outright dealer purchase and as much as $80K on a trade. My car had 8,700 miles out it and was just serviced and had a warranty. The only issue I have with the GTS is that it has 27K miles on it. The car will be very difficult to resell as many Ferrari dealers will not take into inventory a late model car with over 10K miles on it. I recently saw a 1997 GTS with 7K miles on it that is currently being serviced. The selling price is $89K.

11. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I live in Dallas and was eyeballing that car Friday afternoon on ebay. Thought about going to look at it, but figured that would just make me want it. If anyone wants me to check it out let me know.