FoOC new Gallardo for sale below MSRP! | FerrariChat

FoOC new Gallardo for sale below MSRP!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F-passione, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Just got this in case anyone is interested. Those lambo's certainly are fetching any premium are they?

***We have a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo available, just traded in, 200 miles, yellow/black, "e"shift. Available for 181,000 (just below msrp). Please advise with interest.

Ferrari and Maserati of Orange County
    1425 West Baker Street
    Costa Mesa, CA 92626

(714) 662-7600 -- tel.

2. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    I've never understood how a car could be 'just traded in' with 200 miles, who owns a car for only 200 miles?

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I've talked with an egear owner here that got rid of his PDQ (weeks).
    On another site a new owner with egear found it could not negotiate his driveway to take it home! It was uphill.

Me thinks there's trouble in these stories, somewhere.

4. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    The guy probably thought it sucked j/k. He most likely had an F-car on order and it finally came in so he decided to go for that and bail on the Limbo.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's a post of one burning to the ground on the "other" site.

See "moment of silence" thread.

You know, the L$#amb$^&^o-Ta&&lk.com place!

6. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lambo of Dallas has been trying to sell this 360 Stradale (200 miles) for months now.
    http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/dallas/detailfeat_dal.asp?id1=351

It looks like their Lambo show-room is a great place to look at a bunch of 360's. I see more used ferrari's than new Lambos :)

Stock No. D402
    Make Ferrari 2004
    Model Stradale 360
    Mileage 244
    Ext. Color Stradale Red
    Engine 3.6L V-8

7. mjc123

mjc123 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2004
    CA; TX; MT
    How much are they asking?

8. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    220K I believe.

9. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    $220K - That's above sticker - isn't it. That's a little different than the Gallardo going for under sticker..

10. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    25k over sticker on that car.

11. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ive seen the car, looks pretty good!

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    2001 Ferrari 550 Barchetta 8 miles = $258,500

Makes me want to walk up to the previous owner with a megaphone, squeeze the trigger and scream like Sam Kinison:
    "See this!? This thing with eight miles on it?! It's a carrrrrr! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!"

But that's just me.

Venturing further off-topic & on a brighter note, popped by this eve & noticed the same seller - Heritage Classics, finally sold the '66 Lamborghini 350 GT for $68.5K [never saw mileage] and '67 Ferrari 330GTC for $96.5K [19K miles]
    Disclaimer: both prices quoted are simply asking prices - I have no way of knowing the actual transaction.

Back on topic ramble: Well, it's safe to say this ain't gonna be the first Million Dollar Lamborghini. Performance & prestige or not, I just can't imagine the horror of driving it home to one of SoCal's numerous steep driveways - I think my beater is parked at @ 20 degree angle as I type - that's just one reason I dig the old school Italian cars.

13. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    not too surprising. about a month ago a dealer friend told me wholesale on those had already dropped to about $10k under sticker.

$150k by the end of the year?

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    That was a Murcielago I think.

15. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I think that was due to a tall first gear. Wasn't this discussed in other italian the other day?

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    It just shows that there is no interest out there in owning a Gallardo. Already below MSRP within a year!!!!

17. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

That was my exact thought...Just imagine the depreciation on a per mile basis!!!!!

18. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    not proud but i bought a 996 on a sat afternoon arond 4pm and traded it in on a different 996 the following monday at 10am. probably drove it 50 miles.

but i didn't lose any money :)

19. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

You are being a bit of a ferrari cheer-leader?

If you look at the photo I posted above... you can see a bunch of used ferrari's that have been traded in on Lambos.

The baby Lambo is a new car and will take time to build market share.
    Lambo has been in the exotic v12 market for 40 years. But only one year in the v8 exotic market.
    For their first year, I think the have done a great job. Don't you? (after all, ferrari has been working on the mid engine 8's for 30 years... give lambo 4 years and see what happends.)

Now lets not turn this into a flame war (ferrari is better) ... I just like to answer the statements with some counter points.

20. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Someone who took delivery of the car at MSRP, drove it for a weekend and is now trying to flip it for a little profit.

Happens ALL the time. I've done it myself!

DL

21. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have actually come to really like the gallardo. I really like the way it looks and its performance is stellar. I am however surprised that you can just get one at MSRP easily whereas the 360 is unobtainable - new - and at MSRP. Within 1 year you will probably be able to get a Gallardo at $150K (a used one), which will be less than you will pay for a 2004 360. Go figure. Its not like the ford gt is out/easily available or you can just buy a Bentley CGT easily, so its not really a competition thing.

22. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Nobody knows why they have a lot of Ferraris there - I doubt they were all traded in on Lambos. Other than the new Murcie and Gallardo, what used Lambos are there even out there? The Diablo... and how many of those were in the USA since the very early 90's when they first arrived? If a Lambo dealer only wanted to deal in cars less than about 5 years old, he is going to have a very hard time stocking his showroom with just Lambos. Lots more Ferraris out there, and they are (relatively) less expensive, so much easier to wheel and deal and get some of them in the showroom.

I don't think this being Lambo's first year into the market really matters. Are you saying you feel the Gallardo will *appreciate* in value when they "learn more" about the V8 market? When the 360 came out, it never dipped below MSRP, its barely coming below MSRP now for coupes, what, 5 years later? Lambo is dropping below MSRP after only having these cars available for a matter of a few months. Lambo has arguably the very best name when it comes to exotic cars, so if anything, the fact that this is the first chance many have to own a Lambo for less than a 1/4 million is probably boosting their resale more than anything. I think 95% of the potential buyers for a Gallardo know exactly what it is and I don't buy that there is some sort of learning curve people need to accept and bid up the price on the car.

I think there are a few problems with the Gallardo that is keeping the price low (comparatively to a 360 spyder for example)
    -Questionable styling. Front is great, rear is hideous
    -Long 1st gear, sounds silly but it can make a very bad impression to a new owner or test driving prospect
    -Lack of a good dealer support network
    -If you can afford $190k, can you afford a new or even used Murcie? I think probably many or most can, and probably do

23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When the 360 came out, it was the only game in town. Now we have Lambo and Ford in the same market. Lets see what happens next?

People need time to talk, drive, and see the car, and their will be first year problems all new cars have.

I think they missed on price... car is $130k car to me. And although we get a new fan of the Gallardo almost every day on F-chat... as people see them (they've only been here a few months)... I do think the style is a bit off the target... for a "got to have it car".

But in 5 years when 360's and Gallardo's are both selling for $90k it might be fun to have one.

24. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Well the Gallardo is really a v10 10 cylinder car. But, your point is valid.

25. mjc123

mjc123 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2004
    CA; TX; MT
    What would be a good price for that Stradale at Lambo Dallas?