I got my baby back, baby back, baby back. | FerrariChat

I got my baby back, baby back, baby back.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Annual service complete, lights work again and the booboo I did to the front wing got fixed. Vic is an artist! Now the wing looks better than the rest.

First I saw the car and thought that darn front bumper still looks like crap, then I realized they haven't tucked it back in yet (it had to come out for the front wing to be removed). Anyway things are fine again.

Now it's time for me to get started on all the other issues.

They even gave me an early birthday present: A lovely book about the Mille Miglia revival from 84 with Joe Marchetti. Life is strange: In the bus this morning somebody was pointing out his plaque on the upper Wacker drive. Nobody ever mentions that.

2. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Welcome back- what are the other issues? It"s almost driving season, don't start something now that will take time to do.

All the best
    Norm

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh just minor stuff like brakes, wheels and tires...
    :)

You're right though. One thing at a time.

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Andreas,
    Coming to Gingerman?
    Philip

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Would love to, but I'll be in Spain at that time (going to the Spanish GP and then visit the countryside).

Schedule permitting I'm on your event next year. My track event this year is the Autobahn Club in the fall. Can't wait for that to open. Have great expectations.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,well please be careful over there...lots of Crazy stuff going on in Spain,lately. Certainly enough that would keep me from going there,I will admit. But,I suppose that it's happening just about everywhere.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    All true, but the flights and all have already been paid. Besides: The point of terrorism is, that it strikes when you least expect it. So I might be in biggest danger right here in town. Who knows. Actually more worried about somebody stealing the luggage.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! yes,I must agree with you R.E: Luggage! :) That is always my Wife's Primary concern when we Travel..."All my make up is In there!!!". Me.I am pretty casual. They will be very dissapointed if they grab my bag and open it up...:(

But,as far as Terrorism goes...Yup. It's gonna happen if and where it's gonna happen...Not much we can do about that. Here,or there....Just have to always be aware,I guess. And,they have REALLY WON if we Curb our Travel and Regular "Going on about our Business",thats for sure!

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I got my baby back. Again. Now fitted with new tires and wheels. Whoa!

The rubber sticks now nicely to the pavement. No more "burps" when shifting from 1st to 2nd, just nice rolling on power. Haven't tried lateral adhesion yet. Hehe.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yet, aye? How much % improvement between 1st and 2nd did you experience? 1,000,000%, maybe? What adjustments or replacements account for the improvement?

Man, I used a lot of -ment words in this post.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well the old Goodrich tires were just worn and the wheels spun on shifting from 1st to 2nd. The new Goodyear's keep the car glued to the pavement.

I asked them how long they will last. They said 50k miles. Yeah right, the way I drive it more like 500 miles...

12. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Andreas,

Which Goodyears did you get??? I have the F1's and they are great. Yes, Goodyears tires are very soft, when new they are great and really hold you to the pavement. Most of the goodyears i have used (the Eagle series) i have only gotten about maybe 30k on them with normal driving... I got my F1's last year, they only have about 5k on them now, but next month when i go to Gingerman with them, i may be replacing them sooner... hahaha...

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I got the Eagles. Wanted originally some Kumhos but then decided against them. I really need an all season tire, so the Goodyear is fine.

Now that I got a spare set of wheels I'm thinking whether I should get some real slicks for the next track event? Any comments?

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have had Goodyear Eagles on a Couple of the Corvettes that I've owned. I really liked them. Especially,with those tires being so wide,they gripped very nicely.