I need a set of 348 spider wheel lug bolts. | FerrariChat

I need a set of 348 spider wheel lug bolts.

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by morefun4us3, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. morefun4us3

morefun4us3 Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Please reply if you know of a good used set.
    Thanks Randall

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Try Lyle Tanner Enterprises in Campbell?

--Dan

3. morefun4us3

morefun4us3 Rookie

Mar 1, 2004

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Try Paul Hill. Hill engineering, He's a sponsor and sells lug bolts with his spacer sets. He probably would ship just the bolts. They're nice I had some when I had a 348.

5. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    From my personal archive.... :)
    ============================

As I wrote previously,

>Just heard from my shop... I now need 20 longer lug bolts. A friend will also need 20 bolts too. I'm told that they must be "14mm x 1.5mm thread pitch, conehead, and 2.5 inches long". We just discovered that when using Speedline Challenge wheels on a 355 (or 348 for that matter), the stock bolts aren't long enough for the wheel -- there is only a 1/4" holding the bolt on, instead of the 1/2" for the stock street wheels. Doh. Actual 355 Challenge cars use a stud/nut solution. Would the longer bolt from the late-offset 348 work? I'd probably rather go with a generic bolt solution (need not be OEM Ferrari, nor that pretty, for that matter), as I understand that these Ferrari bolts are $$$$$.

***THANKS*** to all who responded -- much appreciated! I was about to try getting a set from custom fastener sources, but thanks to Bob Zino, who suggested checking with H&R, and Jamie Troutman and Steve Magnusson, who provided a link to ECS tuning, which is an H&R dealer, I think this problem is solved.

http://www.ecstuning.com/HR/appguides/app_search.cgi?make=Ferrari&qt=studbolt&model=F355&submit=Search%21&thread=Choose+Thread

http://www.ecstuning.com/HR/support/how_to_mesure.html

I ordered a set of new H&R lug bolts (HR141560FER, 60mm, M14x1.5 ) from ECS, for $4.95 apiece (plus shipping), in lieu of the ~$70 or so that Ferrari charges PER BOLT.

vty,

--Dennis

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Good deal!! I think site sponsor Hill engineering does the stock size bolts.

Don't know about customs. Sounds like you got it handled.

7. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    If you check the sites I listed, I think you'll find lug bolts in all lengths, including the equivalent of 348 SS/Spider rear bolts....

Hope this helps!

vty,

--Dennis