removing 348 rear shelf panels | FerrariChat

removing 348 rear shelf panels

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sparta49, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Can anyone tell me of these pieces just pry off or if they are secured from the engine compartment like the 308.

TIA
    Frank

2. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    They do just pry off

Andy

3. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    The following is applicable to US cars with the stupid active seat belts.

The leather strip that separates the carpet sections is held on by two 10mm nuts from the rear of the strip.

As for the black vinyl pieces, see the attached drawing. Red arrows indicate nuts or screws and blue arrows indicate rivets. Remove #41 first (two 8mm nuts that are in the engine bay. Follow with #35 which has two screws and a rivet. Next #40 has a screw in the car and a nut in the engine bay. Finally #37 held by two screws in the car.

4. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    No, Ricrain is right here, and I can't imagine a UK car is different (other than seat belt mechanism). Though technically, you CAN pry them off, you'll destroy the trim in the process.

Go slow, you may find a bit of glue, or age may have stuck parts together, and you may tear the leather.

Rob

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Exactly as Ric pictured above. I pulled all my trim pieces out several weeks ago... easy as pie. Once they were out, a nice scrubbing with good leather cleaner made a world of difference. And, in some places I restretched/reglued the leather just to make things look nice and tight. No broken clips at all! Just take your time and pull the pieces out nice and slow.

-Daniel

6. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks Ric It felt like they were held in by more that snaps when I pulled on them

7. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    DO NOT PRY THEM OFF!!!

I took the 6 pieces of trim around rear glass off a couple weeks ago so I am very familiar with pulling them off.

There are (4) very small nuts which need removed from engine bay.
    2 are on firewall (1 on left side and 1 on right side) and 2 are parralel with the butresses.

I'll take pics if you want info or need help

dave
    indy

8. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ok disregard - someone already covered it - I just saw the diagram above with instructions..
    sheesh!