got new challenge wheels have too much space in wheel wells | FerrariChat

got new challenge wheels have too much space in wheel wells

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by racerferrari, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerferrari

racerferrari Rookie

Jan 30, 2004
    hey guys..i just bought a set of challenge wheels and put them on my 360 and the fronts look good but have too much space in the back..looks funny....now i need to lower the car....anybody have a used set of challenge springs?....thanks...wayne

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Yes, I've got loads of used 360 challenge spring/shock combinations. They're all good. Most are returned from having 5 N-GT conversions done by Michelotto, some sets are simply removed because we use adjustable ohlins in the race cars here. The challenge shox are only height adjustable, and not bump/rebound.

I think I have about 7 or 8 full car sets.

However, you can simply lower your road car with the shocks already fitted. FYI The challenge springs are 1100lbs front and 1600 lbs rear approx, it's a bit much for road use but you can simply bolt them on in an hour or so.......Ferrari offer a softer option for the challenge, and I have one set of those springs.....1000lbs front 1200 rear approx

If you decide to lower by more than 5mm, you'll need to do a full alignment job

3. racerferrari

racerferrari Rookie

Jan 30, 2004
    wow thanks...i heard they have a soft challenge set up....how much would you sell me a set for?...and you saying i can lower the car a bit with the existing set up?....do u know what the stock set up lbs wise is on the 99?...thanks...wayne...www.pulpracing.com

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I thought with the challenge set ups on the 360 you had to run a lot of negative camber otherwise the BBS Wheel/tire will foul the fender lip...Lots of negative camber is great for the track, not ideal on the street. Just something you might consider.

5. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

It all depends on which springs you have in the car.

There are three sets of stock springs for the 360.

Yellow, white ,and red.

front: 449,1-458,3 / 458,3-467,8 / 467,6 - 476,8

rear: 620,4 - 633,2 / 633,2 - 645,9 / 645,9 - 668,7