Naughty Tigger | FerrariChat

Naughty Tigger

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by KKSBA, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    ORLANDO, Fla.*—*Authorities have received 24 more complaints in the week since a*Walt Disney World (search)*employee was charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother while dressed as the character*"Tigger." (search)

Thirteen of the cases have been deemed credible enough to be investigated, while the others are being reviewed, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said Thursday.

Michael Chartrand (search), 36, was arrested April 2 and charged with one count of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child between 12 and 15 and one count of simple battery. He was booked at the Orange County Jail on a $2,500 bond.

In that case the sheriff's office received a complaint that the costumed character had touched the girl and her mother inappropriately while their pictures were being taken Feb. 21.

According to an incident report, Chartrand fondled the breasts of the girl and the mother while posing for pictures at the Magic Kingdom's Toon Town.

The new reports make similar allegations. Erin Rivera, 21, said the Tigger character touched her breast while hugging her.

"I don't think it was a mistake," she said. "Everybody who goes through my photo album says, 'Tigger is groping you."'

Chartrand has been suspended without pay. Disney declined to comment on the latest allegations.

"It appears we have 24 folks that feel there may have been something inappropriate and that something happened to them," sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said. "It appears all of our complaints are focusing on Tigger."

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    sniff sniff

Sniff Sniff

SNIFF SNIFF

Wow can you smell the stench of Class Action Lawyers getting wind of this?

I can see the ad on late night tv

"have you been Groped by Tigger, Has Donald Ducked you? Did Goofy get Goofy? I can get you a lot of money... Call the law offices of Stickem Bendem and Cash and we will get the money you deserve..."

3. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    So what's your point? Do you think this behavior is fine? Funny? Do you not have daughters or granddaughters? Please knock it off.

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Sorry I do think this is unacceptable and just down right wrong but I also think there is going to be a lot of Phantom claims looking for cash on this.

remember there were hundreds of people who claimed relatives died at the WTC and were even receiving survivor benefits before they were found out.

It is not acceptable for the idiot in the tigger suit to do that

Call me a cynic but the lawyers will have a field day with this

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    What a vile pervert.

6. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Tiggers just love to bounce.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Not to get off topic here, but you folks all know that all the characters in Winnie The Pooh are spawned from mental illness, right...? i don't remember every one, but i think Tigger is ADD & Pooh is either OCD or manic depressive... Each one has a different mental illness... i never realized it until someone mentioned it to me... Kinda bugged out when you think about it...

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I thought it the firm was Dewey Screwum & Howe

9. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    Even if the matter is a serious one ...

You have to see some humor in it. How can a character with a HUGE padded mitten "paw" fondle anyone in the split second they are allotted for a quick happy snap camera pose? Is groping even possible with Tigger mittens?

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i thought it was Dewey Cheatum & Howe...

11. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

That is their corporate division. Yep there are 100s of them.

12. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

I didn't think it was Tigger, I thought it was the little known eighth dwarf, Handsy.

Rumor is he was written out of the story after feeling up Snow White while she was asleep.

All joking aside, I'd be pretty pissed if it happened to my wife.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    We read a case last semester about a Disney World maintenence employee who had cameras and peepholes watching/filming teenage girl dancers in their dressing room. Apparently, Disney knew about it and were filming/spying on the guy for like 3-5 MONTHS before having the authorities bust him while peeping. The court (rightfully, IMO) held that Disney withholding their knowledge of the peeping/filming gave the girls' families cause to sue for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

In a similar case where a landlord peeped and filmed his LSU newlywed tenants for 3 months (through mirrors and vents), the couple only got $15k. It's in the casebooks because it nearly got thrown out by the landlord because the husband was a French citizen, suing civilly. They can if residents, BTW.

If it were my wife or daughters, I would inflict the rath of plaintiff law enough to bring apocalypse to the bar.

14. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #14 writerguy, Apr 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok aside from the other comments I got to ticking about this while stuck in traffic

Now Have you ever been to Disney World Land et Al there are Dozens of people in "Costumes" They are not allowed to talk and I am willing to bet that there are more than one person in the same "Tigger" get up at any given time.,
    How did they identify the Groaper?????

If they can't talk they can't identify by Voice, If there is more than one costume they can't identify by that,

Really I am wondering (lineup for illustration purposes only No real Tiggers were used or harmed in its production)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    It's just a matter of time till it gets down to signing a stack of release forms before entering the "amusement park"

16. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    You already do, just flip your ticket over and read the BS.

As for ID'ing the naughty tigger, time and day will match with shift name.

If Tigger was groaping my wife, daugter, or son, I would instantly give Tigger a nap, big paws and all.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Jim Adler already got the case.

DL

18. sboney

sboney Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I do not see why criminal penalties would not be sufficient here. Are criminal penalties inadequate because Disney has deep pockets? Wouldn't it make sense to put the person who committed the crime in jail and force him to make restitution if he was found guilty? Remember Disney would not have been able to fire him if customers complained without an extensive investigation or they would have risked a wrongful termination suit from their employee. Those investigations take time and are expensive. And lets not forget that daytime tv is all about plaintiffs attorneys ads so when the unemployed person wanted their lotto shot they would get it.

Still Disney is a big company and there are a lot of people who have not had a chance to sue anyone yet so here comes some more.

19. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    What you say is 100% reasonable and I concur. However, American society has become litigous, and everyone sees some wrong as a potential pay day, especially when the defendant is a deep pocket or is image conscious-both of which apply to Disney.

There will certainly be some civil suits, and the scope will probably expand beyond the 20 or so inital claimants. Alot of people, unjustly, will come out of the woodwork claiming Tigger groped them too. It is just the way this society works these days. It is sad, but true.

20. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA