A 308/208GT4 convertible? | FerrariChat

A 308/208GT4 convertible?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Chelle, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #1 Chelle, Apr 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've never seen one of these made into a convertible until now : )
    I kinda like it.. but I am NOT going to cut the roof off the Urraco...

The air intakes look out of charactor with the rest of the car but it's still interesting from this ebay auction....
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=2192&item=2472338556&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

"In 1975 Ferrari introduced a 2-Litre version - the 208GT4 - to take advantage of its home market's vehicle taxation system. The engine was reduced in bore size to 66.8mm (from 81mm) for a capacity of 1,990cc and produced 180bhp at 7,700rpm. Despite its reduction in horsepower, the Dino 208GT4's all round performance and 137 top speed nevertheless placed it in front of the 2-litre sportscars. Ferrari never manufactured a soft-top version of the 308/208GT4, a fact that makes this example possibly unique. It was converted to full cabriolet specification in Italy, it has covered 99,500kms. Attractivly finished in Rosso Corsa with Black/ Blue vinyl/suede upholstery. A unique convertible Ferrari at an affordable price, in superb condition all over. Unfortunately the history for this exciting machine has been misplaced, but from our experience all you have to do is look around this car to know it has been well looked after. Does include its original handbook. BIDDING IS TO BUY, ALL ZERO RATERS PLEASE CONTACT BEFORE BIDDING, should you require any more information about the car please contact us on 0208 871 1357 or e-mail. We reserve the right to end the auction early as car is advertised elsewhere. www.classic-car-london.com "

Chelle
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That thing looks surprisingly good to me. Much better than the "308 Spyder" conversions I've seen pictures of.

In fact, I think it looks a bit better than the original car.

3. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    The car looks nice, and interesting.

I'd like to see some pix with the top UP.

Chuck

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #4 BigTex, Apr 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Micholetto tried to convince Enzo to send the 308GTB/S series out with a Spyder version, and made one prototype example, similar to the specials done nowadays as the Fiorano Editions.

Enzo said "No, thanks" and I think the car is now somewhere in here! FWIW

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The scoop marks the Turbo model.

4 days, 0 bids.

It's screaming off the lot!

6. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    For $20K US you could do better then a homemade ragtop conversion.

As much as you can tell from the pictures it has some nice lines. Maybe buy it for your kid to drive to school.