355 Berlinetta paint cracking | FerrariChat

355 Berlinetta paint cracking

Discussion in 'New England' started by 99 355B, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 99 355B

99 355B Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    Is anyone having a problem with paint cracking where the hood (TOP)meets the body on the rear fenders? I developed bi-lateral cracks at that point, no body work to the car at all. Technically this area is reffered to as the buttress or C-Pillar. It is my understanding that this "problem" is not uncommon! Please let me know.

2. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Very, very common. There are some informative threads on this topic in the archives, do a search. I wouldn't worry about it; it does NOT mean that the car has had bodywork done.

vty,

--Dennis

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Common. Almost every Berlinetta I've seen - regardless of condition - has these hairline cracks.

4. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Has anyone posted what they went through to fix them?

-Michael

5. Mine has the same thing, I'm going to have it fixed when I get the nose reprayed from all the rock chips. I've also got paint bubbling around the small triangular things by the window...another common feature with these cars.

6. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What is the correct repair for this problem? I mean if you paint it, I expect it will just crack again. Why is it cracking is it due to stresses? Is there anyway to permanently resolve this?

-Michael