Stradale secondary market | FerrariChat

Stradale secondary market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ferrari 1, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    What do you think the secondary market on the Stradale is going to be like?

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    initially, well-above MSRP :)

doody.

3. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    If the 355 Spider (Fiorano) can command 25% more with insignificant cosmetic add-ons, it would be safe to assume that the SC will be more likely to command a good difference with a 360. (think of the brakes, the $ for carbon fiber, the wheels, suspension and more) Availability is also a factor.

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

daaaaamn, i love those serie fiorano spiders!! must have in a 6 speed!!

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    they only made 100 of the Fioranos though. Same with the 512M's price - they only made 75. I think Stradale prices will level out eventually because they are making more of them (perhaps the same prciing trajectory as F40, but on a smaller scale obviously)

6. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Here is some points to consider regarding your question:

Here in Toronto, I understand that will be only 10 cars coming into the city. From what I know all 10 cars are spoken for.

In Canada the list price of a 2004 F1 Modena will be $260,000 and Stradale is around $292,000

Question to be asked is if the Stadale worth the extra $32,000 CDN ($25,000 US) in the eyes of the new Ferrari customers?

If you look at just the parts you have to add to the standard 360 Modena F1 to dress it up to look like the Stradale and you would be very close to the $32,000 surcharge.

For example; Sport Seats $6700, Tubi's $5500, 19" race rims and 19" tires approx. $7000, fender shields $1800, front and rear grills $2500: CDN $23,500

What is the full carbon fiber interior, speedo, lighter body panels, aero body kit, carbon fiber brakes, and motor work worth???

The most important questions will be is what does all these wonderful parts add up to in performance and feel?

Only time will tell!!

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    How many Stradales is Ferrari making -- how many to the U.S.? That will be an underlying driver for prices in the secondary market.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Loungedog, I think your missing the point of add ons with this car. First off it has 425 Hp instead of the standard 400. In addition to the Carbon Brakes which Porsche charges $10k for the CS is a total package. Aerodyanimics, F1 Trans technology, and different susupension. It is not just a cosmetic job as you are implying. Just my 2 cents.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    they are supposedly making about 900 worldwide total production. my understanding ist hat it's not a limited production vehicle per se, but rather they can make about 900 before the 360 production run ceases altogether in a couple years.

doody.

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

thanks doody. not real low production numbers compared to the fiorano spider or 512M, but certainly limited compared to the aggregate pool of 360s since it's inception '99.

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    For those of us following the Porsche carbon composite brake horror stories on Rennlist ($8k per rotor, $550 per set of pads, VERY short life on the track), the carbon brakes are NOT a positive. I hope Ferrari is going to stand behind their product better than Porsche is.

Gary

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I think the secondary market should be termed the "front runners market" instead......and this is not meant to be a negative statement, but merely an observation. It "usually" co-exists alongside certain economic factors in general, such as a growing or very stable economy.

Even then, there is only so much pent up demand for certain highly modified cars (Stradale, Enzo, F50, GT2 and 3, Carrera GT, Ford GT) and manufacturers IMHO are pretty good at determining that demand, and producing whetever amount of cars are necessary to meet it.....in most cases.

Once that initial group of people who have had their fill expires, it eventually just becomes another car for sale. It's a time line that I think takes 18-24 months "max" where those who get in "initially" in the first 6-12 months have a chance to break even or even pocket some money.

I've seen it for 16 years and it's almost like watching the equity markets.